GETTYSBURG, PA--(Marketwired - November 07, 2016) - OPEN MINDS announced that Beacon Health Options' Chief Strategy Officer & Executive Vice President (EVP), Brian Wheelan, will deliver the keynote address, "Partnering With Provider Organizations: How To Make Risk-Based Contracting Work," at The 2017 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute. This two-day executive education event will be held on February 16-17, 2017 at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort, an attendee-favorite location in Clearwater Beach, Florida.
This year's institute will feature successful payer and provider partnerships that are leading the way in the new era of value-based care. This executive event is the only national gathering focused on performance measurement and performance management in the areas of the health and human service field that serve consumers with complex needs.
Brian Wheelan, Chief Strategy Officer & Executive Vice President of Beacon Health Options, develops strategies to deliver market-winning solutions to the company's existing and future clients and other stakeholders. All business development and sales teams report to Brian, as do the company's product development, proposal development and marketing functions. He also leads our international development efforts.
Prior to his current role, Brian served as Executive Vice President for Corporate Development and Strategy at Beacon Health Strategies, where he led sales, marketing, development, partnering and acquisition activities. Before that, Brian was Beacon Health Strategies' Chief Financial Officer. His accomplishments in that role included creating the Client Analytics Group that now performs in-depth analysis of utilization trends, member outcomes and return on investment for care management strategies on behalf of customers.
"Our theme for 2017 is successful value-based payer/provider partnerships," said Monica E. Oss, chief executive officer of OPEN MINDS. "For health plans and provider organizations that serve consumers with the most complex support needs, the transition to value-based reimbursement has been difficult. The measurement of value, the reimbursement models, and the partnership parameters that work are highly specialized. Our goal is to focus on 'what works' -- the successful partnerships that are emerging best practices in this area."
The institute agenda is built around a series of real-life case studies from organizations that are succeeding in the transition to value-based care. Through these examples, executives will not only learn how to make the successful transition to pay-for-value, but also gain insight into the process and learn how other trail-blazing organizations made the leap into the future. The case studies will focus on partnership innovations in mental health, addiction treatment, intellectual/developmental disabilities, long-term care, and children's services. These case study sessions include:
- Consumer Access & Decision Support - Best Practices In Population Health Management
- Moving To Value-Based Payment: A Look At The New Models For A New Environment
- Building Relationships & Managing Performance - Best Practices In Population Health Management
- The Future Of Targeted Case Management In A Managed Care Environment: How To Modify Your Services In The Era Of Integrated Care
- Financial Management Of Value-Based Contracts - Best Practices In Population Health Management
- The Benefits & Challenges Of For-Profit Businesses For Non-Profit Organizations
- The Challenges & Rewards Of Moving To Primary Care: The Meridian Case Study
- Operations, Information Management & Reporting - Best Practices In Population Health Management
- Best Practice Approaches To Mergers & Acquisitions: A How To Guide
- Are You Prepared For A Rate Change? Keys To Unit Costing & Managing To Market Rates In A Capitated Environment
- How To Finance Change: Overcoming The Challenges Of Increasing Managed Care & Value-Based Contracting
Discounted registration for The 2017 OPEN MINDS Performance Management Institute is available through December 16, 2016. Seating is limited, and registrations will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. To register online or download a registration form, visit https://performance.openminds.com/register/.
OPEN MINDS is a national strategic advisory firm specializing in the sectors of the health and human service industry serving individuals with complex support needs: mental health; addiction treatment; children & family services; intellectual & developmental disabilities; chronic disease management; long term care; social services; correctional health care, reentry & diversion; and juvenile justice.
Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates believe by providing the latest market intelligence and management best practices to organizations serving the health and social support needs of the most vulnerable consumers, those organizations will be better able to provide efficient and effective services. Learn more at www.openminds.com.