SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 6, 2014) -
Core news facts:
- Today, Beep launches to stream music to every room in your home.
- Beep is a small copper dial that can be placed anywhere in your home and works with any speaker system with an aux-in port, connecting your speakers to your music over Wi-Fi.
- Beep sets up in minutes and works with any iOS or Android device, letting you take total control of your music anywhere in your home.
- Beep is also announcing a Pandora integration, giving users immediate access to the leading personalized radio service. You can play Pandora music and adjust volume on Beep or straight from the Pandora mobile app without fear of having a phone call or text message interrupt your moment with music.
- Households can decide what plays where by using the Beep app. Beep makes your home your own personal concert venue, playing music throughout the house, or allowing you to pick and choose what to play in different rooms.
- Beep is backed by investors including Dolby Laboratories Board Member David Dolby, reddit Co-founder Alexis Ohanian, Y Combinator Partner Garry Tan and Zappos CEO and VegasTechFund Partner Tony Hsieh.
- Beep will retail for $149, but a limited number are available for a special pre-order price of $99, starting today at www.thisisbeep.com. Share your purchase on Facebook or Twitter and we'll credit you $10 back for every referred friend that orders Beep.
- Beep will start shipping in Autumn 2014.
How it works:
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices, Beep technology connects your music to every room in your home over your existing Wi-Fi.
- Set-up is easy and quick -- simply plug the Beep into your speaker or sound system, download the free Beep app (in the Apple App Store and on Google Play), log in to your Wi-Fi network and start listening to your music library, including your Pandora stations.
- Press the center button on Beep to play and pause music. To change volume, either slide the volume control on your phone or turn Beep's knob.
- Families or roommates can build groups within the home to personalize what music plays in each room or area of the house.
- To learn more about using Beep, visit our FAQ page: www.thisisbeep.com/FAQ
Attributed to Daniel Conrad. Beep co-founder and CEO
"We've watched music become this isolated experience of listening alone through your headphones. Something's wrong with that -- the magic of music is in the shared experience. We built Beep to let families and friends listen together again, and to make their time together better by bringing music back into the home. We're also excited that our technology and partnerships let speaker manufacturers connect directly with music providers to offer one seamless, multi-room listening experience, no matter how their speakers are designed."
Attributed to Tom Conrad, Pandora CTO/EVP product
"Consumers expect a highly personalized experience and we continue to invest in new platforms that help seamlessly deliver Pandora across a broad range of connected devices. We are energized from the work we're doing with Beep, which allows Pandora listeners to easily control their music in the home straight from Pandora's native mobile app. Since Beep leverages our HTML5 code on the device, we are able to ensure listeners always have access to the most up-to-date Pandora experience and we're pleased to partner with them to help shape the future of in-home listening."
Beep connects your music to every room in your home. With Beep's technology and open platform, connecting streaming music to every room in your home is beautiful and easy. Co-founded in 2012 by Daniel Conrad and Shawn Lewis, the company is headquartered in San Francisco. To bring music to every room in your home, get Beep at: http://thisisbeep.com/