TORONTO, ON--(Marketwired - October 26, 2016) - Bellwood Health Services and the Waterstone Clinic would like to invite you to join a celebration in honour of their move to their new Brentcliffe facility located in the community of Leaside. Following a $7million dollar renovation, the newly refurbished hospital will provide a calm, quiet and peaceful therapeutic community for patients, clients, families and staff, designed specifically to be more conducive to a healing environment.
Sharing in the celebration will be many notable guests including Councillor Jon Burnside, Ward 26, Don Valley West; Col Scott McLeod, Deputy Surgeon General, Canadian Forces Health Services Group and the Head of the Royal Canadian Medical Service; Jim McKenny, former member of the Toronto Maple Leafs and former CityTV Broadcaster and Andrew Galloway, featured Interventionist on CBC's Docs Intervention Canada and National Director, Outpatient Services, Edgewood Health Network.
Bellwood Heath Services is a nationally recognized, accredited treatment centre with over 30 years of experience in the fields of addiction, co-occurring trauma and related mental illness. They have also been proud to partner with the Canadian Armed Forces, Veterans Affairs Canada, the RCMP and other police organizations and first responders to offer a specialized concurrent Addiction and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder\Operational Stress Injury program for more than a decade. The Waterstone Clinic provides evidence based treatment for a range of eating disorders and provides both inpatient and outpatient services.
Of particular note, the new location is the former Donwood Institute site, one of Canada's first addiction treatment hospitals, founded by Dr. Gordon Bell in 1967. Dr. Gordon Bell was an internationally recognized pioneer in the field of addiction treatment and one of the founders of Bellwood Health Services. The opportunity to return home to the Donwood Institute is not only a fitting tribute to Dr. Bell, but also an opportunity to provide exceptional benefits to the patients, clients and families we serve and support.
Photo opportunities will be available.
When: Thursday, October. 27
Presentations commence at 11 a.m.
Christopher Dawson, CEO, Edgewood Health Network
Cara Vaccarino, Executive Director, Bellwood Health Services
Kim Holmgren, Outpatient Counsellor, Bellwood Health Services
Councillor Jon Burnside, Ward 26, Don Valley West
Dev Chopra, Retired EVP, Clinical Programs, currently Strategic Advisor to the CEO, CAMH
Colonel Scott McLeod, Deputy Surgeon General, Canadian Forces Health Services Group and the Head of the Royal Canadian Medical Service.
Jim McKenny, former member of the Toronto Maple Leafs and former CityTV Broadcaster
Andrew Galloway, featured Interventionist on CBC's Docs Intervention Canada and National Director, Outpatient Services, Edgewood Health Network
Where: 175 Brentcliffe Road, Toronto
About Edgewood Health Network (EHN)
The Edgewood Health Network (EHN) is Canada's leading provider of treatment for adult addiction and concurrent mental health disorders. As a result of Bellwood Health Services in Ontario and Edgewood Treatment Center in British Columbia coming together under EHN, Canadians now have a national option for the treatment of addiction and mental health. EHN leverages a combined history of over 50 years of experience in the treatment of addiction and mental health, with the goal of providing a new standard of national care that addresses all aspects of the patients' health: the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual components, as well as the family, and community system. For more information about EHN, please visit www.edgewoodhealthnetwork.com.
Quick Facts at a Glance:
Opening this new treatment centre represents tremendous benefits for patients, clients, and their families:
- Set on nine beautiful acres with incredible green space in midtown Toronto.
- Growing from 58 to 88 beds helping Bellwood Health Services and the Waterstone Clinic provide care to more people needing treatment and support.
- Bellwood offers comprehensive residential and outpatient treatment programs and services for alcohol, drug, gambling and sex addiction, and a concurrent program for addiction with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder\OSI
- The Waterstone Clinic offers outpatient and residential treatment for Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, and Binge Eating Disorder, and collaborates with Bellwood Health Services to provide concurrent addiction treatment as necessary
- Enhanced residential suite of services in the areas of PTSD and eating disorders.
- New teaching kitchen for eating disorders treatment
- Provides for a calm, quiet and peaceful therapeutic community for patients, clients, families and staff.
- $7 million renovation to create a "state of the art" facility where a more holistic approach to treatment is now possible.
- 24/7 nursing and medical care.
- Accommodations that include private and semi private rooms as well as rooms designed for three people.
- An increase in therapy options to better incorporate the outdoors in a more meaningful way -- yoga outside in the fresh air, hikes on the many walking trails, outdoor meditation
- Upscale kitchen renovation with the addition of a 5 star chef to ensure patients receive nutritious meals served in a beautiful setting overlooking the ravine.
- Space to offer adjunct services including massage therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic care.