NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Sep 25, 2012) - Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced Bexar County in Texas has implemented Infor Lawson Contract Management and Strategic Sourcing to complement its existing Infor Lawson Supply Chain Management and Financial Management solutions. Bexar made the decision to expand its relationship with Infor in order to automate and accelerate contract and sourcing processes through built-in templates, customizable workflows and centralized data access to enable better, faster business decisions for its purchasing department.
- Bexar County required a user-friendly solution that would help to standardize and automate its contract and sourcing processes, as well as integrate with its existing Lawson and Infor products.
- Specifically designed to simplify the relationship with suppliers, Lawson Strategic Sourcing will help accelerate the sourcing process as a whole through customizable workflows, standard reason codes for awarding bids, and an online supplier portal where bidders can access information at any time.
- Lawson Contract Management will facilitate the standardization of contracts with built-in reusable templates and secure access to consolidated contract information. Utilizing the application's supplier performance evaluation, cost modeling and forecasting tools, Bexar County will also improve its supplier selection process and make better decisions with regard to budget allocation.
- Automating the procurement system and establishing paperless processing for purchase orders and contracts will help to lower expenses for paper products, printers and maintenance, helping to reduce the county's overhead costs and increase the initial return on investment.
- The Procurement Punchout Module in particular will help enable significant time savings for Bexar County, as users can self-issue smaller purchase orders without the need for purchase department approval.
Bexar County Quote
"Prior to implementing the Infor Lawson Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management applications, our purchasing department spent countless hours processing small dollar purchase orders," said Daniel Garza, purchasing agent, Bexar County. "Utilizing the Punchout Module, users can now self-issue purchase orders with secured cooperative vendors, bypassing the purchasing department altogether and allowing our purchasing professionals to concentrate on more complex orders and providing quality customer service."
"Today's continuously shrinking budgets drive government entities to examine and adjust sourcing and contract procedures to see where they can obtain time and cost savings," said Kevin Curry, SVP, Public Sector, Infor. "With Infor Lawson Strategic Sourcing and Contract Management, Bexar County's processes will be automated and entirely paperless, enabling faster creation and completion of standardized, easy-to-access contracts and supplier bids and delivering cost savings through better supplier selection and budget allocation."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
About Bexar County
Located in south-central Texas, Bexar County is home to nearly 2 million people and the nation's seventh largest city, San Antonio, which was recently named one of the best places to live by Fortune Magazine. For more information, visit www.bexar.org/.
Infor is the world's third-largest supplier of enterprise applications and services, helping more than 70,000 large and mid-size companies improve operations and drive growth across numerous industry sectors. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.