SOURCE: Los Angeles County Fair
FAIRPLEX, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 26, 2013) - There are only four days left to enjoy the L.A. County Fair before the fryers are turned off and the Ferris Wheel takes one final spin. From animals to animation, sea lions to sharks, a Led Zeppelin tribute band to Living Library of Fun, the variety of attractions at the L.A. County Fair is as diverse as the city itself. To make it easier for Angelenos, the L.A. County Fair mapped out ways for guests to enjoy all this and more for free!
Thursday, Sept. 26 from noon to 5 p.m. guests can get in to the Fair for free with the donation of three new and unwrapped school items with proceeds benefitting the United Way's School Tools Program.
Friday, Sept. 27, guests can enjoy the Fair for free when they donate five canned foods from noon to 5 p.m. as part of the Fair's Food Drive Friday program. This year alone, the Fair already collected more than 90,000 cans, which will be donated to the L.A. Regional Food Bank.
If that's not enough, this Saturday, Sept. 28, Fair fans can unleash their inner Trekkie and receive free entrance to the Fair when they arrive in Star Trek attire from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Once inside, more than 31 fun-omenal free attractions from A - Z will fill the day! Some of these Fair favorites are listed below. Visit the L.A. County Fair online newsroom for the complete list of free Fair attractions!
- Animals Everywhere: More than 400 animals are available to see, pet and play with throughout the grounds. See the world's largest petting zoo in FairView Farms and meet exotic critters in Mojo's African Safari. Visit the newest and cutest just-born baby animals like our calves and miniature baby donkeys in the Big Red Barn.
- Beneath the Sea: Experience an underwater adventure and watch as sharks circle before you, pet stingrays and enjoy the antics of the comedians of the sea -- sea lions.
- Chinese Circus of Beijing: Balancing feats, circus arts and stunts aplenty will leave guests in awe during this breathtaking show of gymnastics and complicated martial arts. Feel your mouth drop when you see these performers defy gravity in all manner of ways.
- Coca-Cola Stage: Experience the Battle of the Bands finals on Thursday, rock and roll all night to LedZepagain, the Led Zeppelin tribute band on Friday, and Kissmania, Kiss tribute band, on Saturday and Sunday.
- Esmeralda's Traveling Circus: The circus is coming to town thanks to Esmeralda and her talented friends! Aerial artists, acrobats, stilt walkers, fire jugglers and a flea circus bring this area to life all day long!
- Living Library of Fun: Meet Marvel superheroes, follow the yellow brick road, go on a journey with Flat Stanley or catch a show at the Magic Treehouse Stage in this lifesize library that brings the imagination to life.
- Pencils 2 Pixels: The Art of Animation: Explore the world of animation with DreamWorks, Sony Pictures Animation and Walt Disney Animation Studios. Create your own stop-motion animation sequence at the Chuck Jones Center for Creativity or learn to draw some of your favorite cartoon characters at the Animation University.
- Plaza de las Américas: The color and spice of Latin American comes to life in this cultural marketplace. Guests are invited to shop and enjoy themselves amidst a throng of tantalizing aromas from food booths while listening and dancing to the sounds of live entertainment.
- Tapestry Exhibit: One of the most timeless aspects of the Fair, Tapestry features the talents of our Fairguests. Jewelry, arts crafts, needlework, jams and jellies, quilting, photography and a number of other home and fine arts are featured in our Tapestry exhibit. Stop by to admire the creativity and skill of your fellow Fair-goers.
- Wilderness Ridge: Wilderness Ridge brings the great outdoors and all of Mother Nature's beauty to the L.A. County Fair. Lumberjacks and forestry from Smokey the Bear take you back to the 1900s when everything was a bit more on the wild side.
The L.A. County Fair runs through Sept. 29. For information on food, fun and entertainment for the whole family, visit lacountyfair.com, or download the free L.A. County Fair mobile app, to see the complete lineup of acts and attractions. For more fun, join the conversation at facebook.com/lacountyfair and Twitter @lacountyfair.