WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwired - December 07, 2016) - The "Big Data and Data Analytics in Homeland Security & Public Safety: Global Market 2017-2022" report forecasts that the industry's revenues will grow at a CAGR of 17.5% during 2015-2022, to reach $11 Billion by 2022.
Homeland Security Research Corp. forecasts that the Big Data and Data Analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety market will be spearheaded by rapid growth in Asia Pacific and Europe, with an expected CAGR in the low 20 percent digits for both regions, particularly due to the Chinese and Western European Homeland Security and Public Safety markets.
The use of Big Data and Data Analytics by Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations is on the rise, mostly because the world is becoming more digital and connected. This trend is creating new opportunities, not only for data collection and storage, but also for intelligence processing, exploitation, dissemination, and analysis. Big Data and Data Analytics technologies can increase the investigative capabilities of Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations in many relevant aspects, including: war on crime & terror, defense from cyber-attacks, public safety, disaster and mass incident management, and development of predictive capabilities.
The global Big Data and Data Analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety market is forecast to go through a growth phase during 2017-2022, due to the following drivers:
- Increased use of smartphones, wearables, and other smart connected devices (cars, machines, IoT, etc.), which will continue to create enormous amounts of information that Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations can use to their advantage.
- Technological advancements in data collection, storage, analytics, and visualization, which will allow organizations to increase the amount of data they generate, as well as produce more actionable intelligence to support real-time decision making.
- Increased investment in data analysis and visualization capabilities by Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations, which act as a major catalyst for the implementation of Big Data and Data Analytics solutions.
- Adoption of cloud technology by governmental agencies, which should act as a stimulus towards implementation of analytics technologies. Given that most organizations do not have the in-house infrastructure to support Big Data Analytics, several of them must turn to cloud solutions, which should boost the use of Data Analytics solutions.
- Declining cost of data storage, which is expected to continue decreasing, encouraging adoption of cloud solutions.
- Growing generation of data-aware and data-savvy professionals.
- Rise of state-of-the-art attack technologies (e.g. cyber-warfare, encrypted communication cybercrime, chemical warfare agents, and GPS jammers), as well as other advanced techniques employed by terrorist organizations (such as ISIS and state-sponsored terror groups) and other 21st century criminals, which make it harder for Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations to trace them. Big Data and Data Analytics solutions are one of the preferred ways to deal with this new reality.
- Direct threats to country-level National Security and Public Safety are on the rise and have evolved from large-scale nation-to-nation attacks to more pinpointed and contained conflicts. These threats, such as terrorism, natural disasters, organized crime, proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, and cybercrime, have changed the way nations are dealing with national security issues.
- New security threats and risks to national safety should force Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations to adopt technologies that are better equipped to deal with advanced operations. These systems generate massive amounts of data and may increase the market for Big Data and Data Analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety.
The Big Data and Data Analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety Market report presents the industry in 450 pages, including 85 tables and 205 figures, analysis of 19 national, 9 vertical, and 9 technological markets, as well as 9 distinctive data sources. The report is divided into submarkets and presents 2015 data, 2016 estimates, and 2017-2022 market and technology projections for each submarket.
Questions answered in this market report include:
- What will be the size of the market for Big Data and Data Analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety in 2017-2022? What will the relevant trends be during that time?
- Which submarkets in this field provide attractive business opportunities?
- Which countries are expected to invest most in Big Data and Data Analytics capabilities within Homeland Security and Public Safety organizations?
- Which distinctive data sources will be used by Homeland Security and Public Safety agencies and which technologies will be required in order to exploit them?
- Which market sectors are estimated to make greater use of Big Data and Data Analytics capabilities?
- What are the market drivers and inhibitors for Big Data and Data Analytics in Homeland Security and Public Safety?
The report focuses on Big Data and Data Analytics in the Homeland Security and Public Safety market. Other reports that include components relevant to the Homeland Security and Public Safety market are:
Explore more Homeland Security and Public Safety Reports at http://www.homelandsecurityresearch.com.
About Homeland Security Research Corp. (HSRC)
Homeland Security Research Corp. (HSRC) is an international market and technology research firm specializing in the Homeland Security (HLS) & Public Safety (PS) industries. HSRC provides premium off-the-shelf and customized market reports on present and emerging technologies and industry expertise, enabling global clients to gain time-critical insight into business opportunities. HSRC's clients include the U.S. Congress, DHS, U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, DOD, DOT, GAO, NATO, and EU, among others, as well as government agencies in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Israel, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, Sweden, Finland, and Singapore. With over 750 private sector clients (and 72% repeat customers), including major defense and security contractors and Fortune 2000 companies, HSRC has earned its reputation as the industry's Gold Standard for HLS & PS market reports.