MONTREAL, CANADA--(Marketwire - Aug. 31, 2011) - (OTCBB:BISU)(PINK SHEETS:BISU) - Bio Tech marketing company Bio Solutions Corp. is pleased to announce the signing of our first ever LOI. Following adequate due diligence, this LOI is to acquire all intellectual property and rights of Type 2 Defense. Type 2 Defense is a diabetic supplement drink, which comes in an easy to administer powder form. Type 2 Defense initially will be sold in North America.
"With the recent addition of Bill Gallagher our Executive vice President and his 40 plus years distribution network, we are beginning to see the piece's of our puzzle coming together. We have come a long ways since inception, sometimes even learning the hard way. Initially we were trying to sell our products in Africa, however political circumstances dictated that we return home to North America and focus our efforts of growth here at home. As I have said in the past, nothing would make me happier than to put small business back to work here in North America! This has been our plan since Q1 2011. Type 2 Defense is an excellent start" stated Gilles Chaumillon President and CEO.
Type 2 defense is the product of many years of R&D and clinical studies. Clinical's info will be published at later date, as due diligence proceeds.
"Although this is a simple LOI, in the eyes of the market, this is a major accomplishment for our company. After our hard past time, we at Bio-Solutions Corporation have striven to find the most beneficial acquisition target for our shareholders."
According to the CDC's 2011 diabetes Fact Sheet. http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/pdf/ndfs_2011.pdf there is an estimated 100 Plus Million Americans at risk of diabetes in the following order
(Data from the 2011 National Diabetes Fact Sheet (released Jan. 26, 2011))
Total prevalence of diabetes
25.8 million children and adults in the United States—8.3% of the population—have diabetes.
Diagnosed:18.8 million people
Undiagnosed: 7.0 million people
Prediabetes:79 million people*
New Cases:1.9 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older in 2010.
* In contrast to the 2007 National Diabetes Fact Sheet, which used fasting glucose data to estimate undiagnosed diabetes and prediabetes, the 2011 National Diabetes Fact Sheet uses both fasting glucose and A1C levels to derive estimates for undiagnosed diabetes and prediabetes. These tests were chosen because they are most frequently used in clinical practice.
"Given the two types of Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2), our product will cater to obviously Types 2 patients, which are 90-95%, of all diabetics. Our supplement will aid to combat in the major against complications of Diabetes which include:
- Heart disease and stroke
- High blood pressure
- In 2005-2008, of adults aged 20 years or older with self-reported diabetes, 67% had blood pressure greater than or equal to 140/90 mmHg or used prescription medications for hypertension.
- Kidney disease
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, accounting for 44% of new cases in 2008.
- In 2008, 48,374 people with diabetes began treatment for end-stage kidney disease in the United States.
- In 2008, a total of 202,290 people with end-stage kidney disease due to diabetes were living on chronic dialysis or with a kidney transplant in the United States.
- Nervous system disease (Neuropathy)
- About 60% to 70% of people with diabetes have mild to severe forms of nervous system damage.
According to Dailyfinance.com (1/27/11 Big Pharma Article) : " In 2009, the U.S. diabetes market grew 17% from 2008, reaching $14.9 billion, according to data from health care information company IMS Health. Worldwide, the market generated sales of over $25 Billion, according to independent business information provider Vision again. By 2019, Morningstar projects the worldwide diabetes market, excluding insulin, will grow to over $55 billion...
"We stand by our core value of wellness and Improving Life Through Science." stated President and CEO Gilles Chaumillon.
For more information on Bio-Solutions Corp. and its products, please visit the company's website at www.bio-solutionscorp.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the U.S. Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which could cause the Bio-Solutions actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. The Company does not undertake to update these forward-looking statements and disclaims any obligation to update any such factors or to publicly announce the result of any revisions to any of the forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect future results, events or developments, except if we are requested by a governmental authority or applicable law.