TEL AVIV, ISRAEL--(Marketwire - Mar 5, 2013) - BioData, a Digital Science portfolio company and developer of the life-science research and lab management software Labguru, today released a significant upgrade of the web-based software. Numerous features requested by existing customers are included, each designed to help improve lab productivity and innovation.
"Science is organized creativity. Labguru handles the mechanics of scientific research, letting your lab focus on the creativity, collaboration, and mentorship that matter most," says Adam Sartiel, BioData's CEO. "Thanks to contributions from an active community of more than 45,000 Labguru users, we're continuing to invest heavily to refine a tool that helps the spirit and joy of scientific excellence thrive in today's increasingly busy environment."
Feature requests integrated into Labguru 2 further streamline the discovery steps of biology labs, allowing researchers to focus on their research. Its minimalist, more organized interface adds and enhances several functions:
- Simpler menus and navigation, enabling users to keep track of their location deep within projects or documents.
- A live feed of the lab's work to encourage deeper awareness of colleagues' research and opportunities to collaborate or share knowledge.
- A prominent whiteboard for sharing important messages with the entire lab.
- An improved project view enhances scientific thinking, not just efficient experiment planning.
- A more comprehensive storage module to help everyone quickly locate and track items in the lab.
- Streamlined experimental protocol editing, archiving, and syncing with the free bench-side iPad app. This works for both custom protocols and preloaded ones from the journal Nature Protocols and vendors such as New England Biolabs, Sigma Life Science, and Luminex.
- Bulk tagging and organization tools for lab inventory, helping the lab buy supplies on-time and avoid duplicate orders. Labguru also has a built-in catalog of more than 800,000 products to simplify tracking inventory digitally.
Labguru also recently integrated data from the Altmetric index, which automatically tracks the impact of uploaded peer-reviewed papers in the literature and social media.
To learn more or start a free trial of Labguru, visit www.labguru.com.
Based in Los Angeles, Boston and Tel Aviv, BioData Ltd. creates digital tools for improving productivity of academic and industrial life-science laboratories. BioData's web-based software currently serves more than 45,000 users in over 300 academic institutes worldwide. For more information, visit www.labguru.com.
About Digital Science
Digital Science is a division of Macmillan Publishers Ltd., launched in December 2010 to provide technology solutions for researchers. From intelligent knowledge discovery tools to software applications for the laboratory and decision-support systems for managers, Digital Science combines world-class technology with a resolute focus on scientists and those who support the research process. For more information, visit www.digital-science.com.