EDMONTON, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - Aug. 29, 2016) - BioNeutra Global Corporation ("BioNeutra" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:BGA) is pleased to announce its interim financial results for the three-month period ended June 30, 2016 (the "Second Quarter"). BioNeutra is a functional and health food and beverage ingredient manufacturer that uses its patented process to produce isomalto-oligosaccharide ("IMO") which is sold under its trademark VitaFiber™.
Second Quarter Financial Highlights
- BioNeutra's sales for the three-month period ended June 30, 2016 were $6,339,087 and for the six-month period were $10,925,169. The Company's revenues during these periods were driven by strong sales of VitaFiber™ to food and beverage manufacturers targeting functional and health food markets and growing retail sales.
- Income before income taxes for the three-month period ended June 30, 2016 was $1,596,990 resulting in a fully diluted net income of $0.03 per share.
- The Company's cash balance remains strong with over $2.2 million on June 30, 2016.
- The Company is growing its VitaFiber™ retail customer base both online through Amazon.com and in an expanding network of bricks-and-mortar retailers globally.
A complete copy of the interim financial statements and Management's Discussion & Analysis for the Second Quarter ended June 30, 2016 are available on SEDAR.
- Equipment for the VitaFiber™ IMO production line has been delivered to the Edmonton, Alberta plant along with the attendance of 15 installation engineers and technicians. Upon completion of the VitaFiber™ IMO production line, BioNeutra will be the exclusive North American producer of VitaFiber™ IMO products that feature Health Canada and European EFSA approval and FDA GRAS certification. Assembly of the production plant began in July 2016 and is expected to be completed by the end of the third fiscal quarter 2016.
- The custom packaging equipment for BioNeutra's VitaFiber™ IMO syrup arrived in the Edmonton, Alberta plant in August 2016 and management expects this packaging line to be fully installed in the third quarter 2016. This will allow BioNeutra to package its own VitaFiber™ IMO-based retail products and to enter into the retail distribution of a variety of VitaFiber™ IMO-based products. Management expects the sales of BioNeutra retail VitaFiber™ IMO health products in the first quarter of 2017.
BioNeutra is in the business of research and development, production and commercialization of ingredients for nutraceutical, functional and mainstream foods and beverages, with a focus on VitaFiber™ IMOs.
The Company's lead product, VitaFiber™, is an advanced functional and health food and beverage ingredient scientifically made from natural agricultural products, is generally regarded as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, and is European Food Safety Authority and Health Canada approved as a novel food ingredient. VitaFiber™ is naturally sweet and lower in calories than regular sugar and is a natural source of dietary fiber as it provides low calorie soluble prebiotic fiber for human digestive health.
The Company produces VitaFiber™ using its patented processes that naturally transform starch molecules from agriculture cereal crops including corn, wheat, barley, potato, or tapioca into the functional health molecules of VitaFiber™ IMO. The VitaFiber™ manufacturing process is based upon a natural enzymatic conversion of starch molecules without any chemical modification involved, making VitaFiber™ a natural food and beverage ingredient. VitaFiber™ is also non-GMO, vegan-friendly, gluten-free, Kosher and Halal certified and available as certified organic.
The Company's customers include a mix of small and medium enterprises and a number of high-profile food and beverage manufacturers in Canada, the U.S., Europe, the United Kingdom, and Mexico. VitaFiber™ is also available for retail purchase across the globe through Amazon.com and other direct-to-consumer retailers.
Further information about BioNeutra is available on the Company's website at www.bioneutra.ca and the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com.
This press release may include forward-looking information within the meaning of Canadian securities legislation concerning the business of BioNeutra. Forward-looking information is based on certain key expectations and assumptions made by the management of BioNeutra. Although BioNeutra believes that the expectations and assumptions on which such forward-looking information is based are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking information because BioNeutra can give no assurance that they will prove to be correct. Forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made as of the date of this press release. BioNeutra disclaims any intent or obligation to update publicly any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or results or otherwise, other than as required by applicable securities laws.
This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the securities described herein in the United States. The securities described herein have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, or any applicable securities laws or any state of the United States and may not be offered or sold in the United States or to the account or benefit of a person in the United States absent an exemption from the registration requirements.