TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - March 28, 2014) - The Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, organizers of the three-day international Bitcoin Expo, set to take place in Toronto April 11-13 at the Metro Toronto Convention Center is pleased to announce that its conference program will focus on the financial, societal, legal, regulatory, and technological impact of cryptocurrencies, and is releasing the initial roster of sponsors and exhibitors, including leading market players Ethereum, CaVirtex, Shopify, Butterfly Labs, KryptoKit, BitPay, QuickBT, Bitprint, LeetCoin, Virtual Mint Enterprises, BitSent, Prepaid Bitcoin, Ucanbit, CBIX, and Airbitz.
The conference program will be available online at http://bitcoinexpo.ca/conference-seminar-agenda/sessions, and will revolve around the following topics:
- The evolution of money and banking
- The new financial services ecosystem
- Safe Bitcoin storage techniques
- The new cryptocurrency monetary era
- Bitcoin as a charitable donations force
- What Bitcoin offers to women
- Alternative coins and branded coins
- Decentralized Applications enabled by cryptocurrency platforms
- Bitcoin and venture capital opportunities
- What's beyond the Bitcoin currency
- Comparing Bitcoin to gold
Among the 50+ speakers, notable mentions include Andreas Antonopoulos, a pre-eminent global authority and prolific spokesperson on Bitcoin; Jason King, known for promoting charity work with bitcoin donations, helping the homeless via Seansoutpost; tech renegade, crypto-anarchist and Bitcoin activist Cody R. Wilson, most famously known as the maker of the first 3-D printed gun; Joseph David, CEO of CaVirtex, Canada's largest Bitcoin exchange; Stefan Molyneux, Canadian author, blogger, essayist and host of Freedom Radio, the largest and most popular philosophy show on the web; and Vitalik Buterin, creator of Ethereum.
Other conference updates:
- A pre-event Hackathon April 10-11 at Bitcoin Decentral at 64 Spadina Avenue, where teams will be competing for prizes and contracts by building innovative application prototypes on cryptographic ledger platforms. For more info, visit http://bitcoinexpo.ca/hackathon/
- Speakers and premium ticket holders dinner kicks-off the Expo on Friday evening
- A new ticket level to visit the Exhibitor Expo Hall only, for $20
- A live Bitcoin-themed art exhibit and auction
- Two free Bitcoin Tutorial sessions on Saturday and Sunday (limited seats available)
The Expo will provide unique opportunities for businesses, consumers, entrepreneurs, developers, innovators, and the curious general public to connect. This conference is organized as a non-profit event, with proceeds going to fund the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada's programs and initiatives.
Limited sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are still available, on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information on the various options, please visit the Bitcoin Expo website.
Speakers and program details are available here. Watch the conference video trailer. To get the latest updates, please follow the expo's Twitter account at @bitcoinexpoca.
About the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada
The Bitcoin Alliance of Canada (BAC) is dedicated to raising awareness of Bitcoin among Canadian consumers, merchants, businesses, and policy makers; promoting Bitcoin adoption in Canada; advancing Canadian and global research in Bitcoin and other virtual currencies; and fostering Canadian participation in international partnerships and associations. For more information, please visit the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada.
Official Media Partners: CalvinAyre.com, Bourque Newswatch, Bitcoin Magazine, Free Talk Live, Bitcoin Magazine, Ed and Ethan, CoinTalk, Techvibes, BetaKit, IT Business.ca, MaRS, and Press for Truth.
For Exhibiting, Sponsorship and General Inquiries, please contact email@example.com.