AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - Jan 9, 2014) - Bloomfire, the company that is reinventing the knowledge base, today announced it has entered into a partnership with Okta, a leader in cloud-based identity management. As a supported application now available in the Okta Application Network (OAN), Bloomfire easily integrates with Microsoft Active Directory and other corporate LDAP directories, simplifying user access and enabling rich user management capabilities for all Bloomfire customers.
"With Bloomfire now available in the OAN, customers now benefit from point-and-click provisioning for their IT environment," said Craig Malloy, CEO of Bloomfire. "As a result, IT organizations can ensure compliance knowing that employee access is managed and secured through Okta, while end users benefit from a single, simplified login experience."
The millions of users who benefit from Okta's enterprise-grade identity management service, including single sign-on, user management and on-premises identity integration capabilities, can now access Bloomfire through the OAN. The OAN is a full catalog of 3,000+ pre-integrated applications that are continuously validated, always up-to-date, and constantly growing both in number and capability.
"This partnership benefits current and future customers of both Okta and Bloomfire by helping to extend knowledge base services to companies of all sizes," said Chuck Fontana, head of technology alliances at Okta. "As companies adopt more SaaS applications, having a seamless login experience and robust IT access controls is critical to meaningful adoption across entire companies."
In addition to with Okta, Bloomfire currently offers integrations with:
- Salesforce.com - This integration allows sales and customer service teams to receive relevant content directly within the lead, opportunity, and case record. They can also search and ask questions in Bloomfire without ever leaving the Salesforce.com view.
- Google Apps - Using Single Sign-On (SSO) technology adds extra identity security while improving accessibility and productivity. Bloomfire makes this easy with SSO through SAML, Salesforce.com, Google Apps, and now Okta.
- LinkedIn - Simply click the LinkedIn sync button on your Bloomfire profile page and your name, title, expertise, and profile picture will automatically populate.
- Email - Bloomfire allows you to comment on posts and answer questions directly from your inbox.
- Bloomfire API - Customers that need to integrate with other applications can use Bloomfire's ever-growing API for externally integrating with the content and information in their communities.
"By continuing to invest in the product and making it easy to use, we enable our customers to reduce friction in the sales and customer support process, share information with channel partners, and organize their internal knowledge to make everyone more productive," Malloy said.
Bloomfire starts at $250 per month for up to 25 users, offering free unlimited content sharing, file storage, and technical support. For more information, including a free 14-day trial, visit the Bloomfire website.
Bloomfire is reinventing the knowledge base, unleashing knowledge locked within people and organizations to drive sales enablement and customer support. It captures the expertise of the people you work with, learns what is most relevant, and delivers the content you need to get work done. Bloomfire's intuitive user interface is ideal for enabling sales teams, sharing information with partners, and serving customers. Request a demo or start a free trial today at www.bloomfire.com.
Bloomfire is a trademark of Bloomfire, Inc. Other names mentioned herein are recognized to be the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.