SOURCE: BMO Global Asset Management
CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwired - Jan 2, 2014) - BMO Global Asset Management today launched nine new funds to better meet the evolving needs of investors. The addition of these funds further expands and diversifies the BMO Fund's robust roster, which now stands at 41.
"In today's volatile market environment, investors are increasingly looking for ways to reduce risk while still increasing potential returns," said Barry McInerney, co-CEO of BMO Global Asset Management. "The strategies within these new funds respond to this need by providing more choice not only to individual investors, but to the consultants and advisors who guide them as well."
Funds being launched today include:
- BMO Small-Cap Core Fund -- seeks to provide capital appreciation by investing at least 80 percent of its assets in a broadly diversified portfolio of common stocks of small cap U.S. companies similar in size to those within the Russell 2000® Index.
- BMO Pyrford Global Equity Fund -- seeks to provide capital appreciation by investing at least 80 percent of assets in equity securities of both U.S. and non-U.S. companies. The fund invests primarily in companies that are located in developed countries outside of North America and, at the time of purchase, have a minimum market capitalization of $2 billion.
- BMO Multi-Asset Income Fund -- seeks to maximize total return consistent with current income by investing primarily in shares of different ETFs and mutual funds, including other BMO Funds. The fund may invest in equity securities of varying market capitalization and fixed income investments of varying credit quality.
- BMO Global Natural Resources Fund -- seeks to provide capital appreciation by investing, on average, at least 80 percent of its net assets in common stocks of U.S. and non-U.S. natural resources companies, defined as companies that own, produce, refine, process, transport, and market natural resources and companies that provide related services.
"These new mutual funds, based on similar existing strategies managed by the firm, offer risk/reward profiles that can potentially mitigate risk while enhancing returns," added Mr. McInerney. "We're continuously reviewing our suite of products, to take advantage of market inefficiencies. The additions to our fund family that we're announcing today will aid or assist in our ability to help our clients achieve their long-term investing goals."
BMO Global Asset Management also introduced five new target date funds. These funds provide investors, typically retirement plan sponsors and their plan participants, with professionally managed retirement savings solutions that are easy to understand and easy to implement. This addition complements the firm's existing line of target-date funds. The new funds include:
- BMO Target Retirement 2015 Fund
- BMO Target Retirement 2025 Fund
- BMO Target Retirement 2035 Fund
- BMO Target Retirement 2045 Fund
- BMO Target Retirement 2055 Fund.
For more information about BMO Global Asset Management and the new funds, please visit: www.bmogam.com.
About BMO Family of Funds
The BMO Funds are a global family of actively managed mutual funds. The firm's 41 funds span the risk/reward spectrum and include: U.S., non-U.S. and global equity funds, U.S. (taxable and tax-free) and emerging markets fixed income funds, money market funds, and a range of multi-asset funds offering outcome-oriented solutions for investors.
The family of funds is managed by a multi-disciplined team based in Chicago and Milwaukee, and by a network of world-class boutique managers, which are strategically located across the globe. This network includes Monegy, Inc., Pyrford International Ltd., Lloyd George Management and Taplin, Canida & Habacht, LLC.
Established in 1992, BMO Funds are advised by BMO Asset Management U.S. and offers Institutional and Investor class shares. Along with its subsidiary boutiques and affiliates, the advisor oversees more than $50 billion in assets under management. BMO Funds is a part of BMO Financial Group, a fully diversified financial services organization with $537 billion CND total assets and more than 45,000 employees as of October 31, 2013.
BMO Retirement Services and BMO Trust and Custody Services are a part of BMO Global Asset Management and a division of the BMO Harris Bank N.A., offering products and services through various affiliates of BMO Financial Group.
BMO Asset Management U.S. consists of BMO Asset Management Corp.
BMO Asset Management Corp. is the investment adviser to the BMO Funds. M&I Distributors LLC is the distributor. BMO Funds are not marketed or sold outside the United States.
BMO Global Asset Management is the brand name for various affiliated entities of BMO Financial Group that provide investment management, retirement, and trust and custody services. Certain of the products and services offered under the brand name BMO Global Asset Management are designed specifically for various categories of investors in a number of different countries and regions and may not be available to all investors. Products and services are only offered to such investors in those countries and regions in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. BMO Financial Group is a service mark of Bank of Montreal (BMO).
Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the BMO Funds. This and other important information is contained in the prospectuses and/or summary prospectuses, which can be obtained by calling 1-800-580-3863. Please read carefully before investing. The investment risks of each Target Date Fund changes over time as its asset allocation changes. They are subject to the volatility of the financial markets, including equity and fixed income investments in the U.S. and abroad and may be subject to risks associated with investing in high yield, small cap, commodity-linked, and foreign securities.
All investments involve risk, including the possible loss of principal.
Investment products are: Not FDIC Insured | No Bank Guarantee | May Lose Value
©2013 BMO Financial Corp.