TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 13, 2012) - BMO Insurance today announced its website, bmoinsurance.com, is now available in mobile view, a new and convenient way for Canadians to purchase insurance on their tablet or mobile devices.
"Offering a real-time, mobile view of our website is a natural extension of BMO Insurance's commitment to providing a superior online experience that is customer-friendly, interactive and easy to navigate," said Julie Barker-Merz, Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer, BMO Insurance. "While other insurance websites are geared primarily for desktop or laptop screens, bmoinsurance.com's mobile friendly view makes buying insurance simple and accessible, even when on the go."
BMO Insurance's mobile view allows Canadians to purchase life, accident and illness insurance from the comfort of their home or office or while on the road. It is geared towards individuals who are comfortable doing research and making purchases online. For those who require additional assistance, BMO Insurance representatives are available by telephone to answer questions during regular office hours. The process consists of answering a few questions on a short application form, with instant approval and coverage available.
"Life has a way of throwing curveballs, which is why insurance offers the protection you need and the peace of mind you deserve," said Ms. Barker-Merz. "Being able to buy the right coverage anywhere, anytime from a mobile device makes taking care of yourself and your family that much easier."
The mobile friendly view of bmoinsurance.com can be used to apply for eight innovative insurance plans designed to meet an individual's unique needs and budget:
- Guaranteed-Life Plus: For those between the ages of 40 and 75 years old, this plan guarantees to insure a person regardless of his/her state of health and to never decrease the person's coverage should his/her health status change after enrolment. In case of accidental death, the beneficiary receives five times the basic benefit.
- EasyOne Life: Designed to provide guaranteed protection for those between 50 and 80 years old with no serious pre-existing Illness.
- Accidental Death Benefit: An easy and low-cost way to add to an existing life insurance plan to help the individual's family maintain their lifestyle in the event of the insured's accidental death.
- Guaranteed Hospital Cash: This plan offers cash payment for every day the insured is in a hospital in Canada, the U.S., Mexico or the Caribbean.
- FractureCare Plus: Should an individual receive second- or third-degree burns, break a bone or become paralyzed in an accident, this plan will provide the patient with cash to use however he/she sees fit. This can help finance costs not covered under their provincial health care plan such as rehabilitation services, private nurses, housekeeping, grocery expenses and more.
- Life Recovery Plus: This insurance plan offers a cash payment upon diagnosis of a critical illness, monthly payments for one year, as well as additional cash if one is hospitalized or needs surgery.
- Well Woman: To help women between the ages 18 to 55 focus on recovering from a diagnosis of one of seven female cancers, this plan provides an initial cash payout, monthly payments and additional funds for hospital stays or surgery.
- Headstart in Life Plan: Canadians can purchase insurance to protect their children and/or grandchildren today and guarantee them the right to get more coverage later in life, even if they become sick or choose a high-risk profession.
For more information on BMO Insurance and the above plans, visit www.bmoinsurance.com.
Get the latest BMO press releases via Twitter by following @BMOmedia