SOURCE: African Business Review

African Business Review

November 20, 2011 22:13 ET

Bokamoso Private Hospital: Providing Specialist Healthcare in Botswana

SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 20, 2011) - Bokamoso Private Hospital, located just west of Gaborone in Botswana, has been operational since January 2010. The vision in setting up a brand new hospital was to provide specialist services and facilities not previously catered for in existing hospitals in Botswana.

"One of our unique selling points is the range of specialist services that we provide," says Gontle Moleele, the Chief Medical Officer at Bokamoso Private Hospital. Services available at the hospital include neurology, cardiology, endocrinology, haemodialysis, sports medicine, pathology and gynecology, naming just a few of a wide selection. It also offers a range of surgical procedures, including plastic and orthopedic surgery, among others.

Moleele believes the facilities at the hospital also set it apart from its competitors. "The state-of-the-art equipment that we have is probably not available in any other hospital within this country," she explains. The equipment the hospital uses is all manufactured by leading technology companies; Draeger provides the equipment for the theatre and intensive care units, the laboratory equipment comes from Siemens and Toshiba supplies the radiology equipment and machinery. Dakin is another major supplier of the hospital, providing it with its chillers and air conditioning units.

The strong focus the Bokomoso Private Hospital has on providing exquisite patient care, specialist healthcare services and state-of-the-art equipment has allowed the hospital to fulfill its aim of being a one-of-kind hospital and healthcare facility in Africa.

Read the full report at:

About Bokamoso Private Hospital

Currently, the hospital is medically owned and run by the Bokamoso Private Hospital Trust. The Trust is a joint venture between the Botswana Public Officers' Medical Aid Scheme (BPOMAS), a civil service medical scheme which owns 80 percent of the hospital, and the Pula Medical Aid Fund (PULA), a private sector medical aid scheme which owns the remaining 20 percent. However, the Hospital is at the moment going through a period of liquidation and is searching for a new owner, a process which is nearing completion.

About African Business Review

African Business Review is a leading digital media source of news and content for C-level executives focused on business and industry-specific news throughout Africa. African Business Review is the territory-dedicated arm of the White Digital Media Group. Founded in 2007 by entrepreneur Glen White, White Digital Media retains a diversified portfolio of websites, magazines, daily news feeds and weekly e-newsletters that leverage technology to innovatively deliver high-quality content, analytical data, and industry news. For more information, contact 1-760-827-7800 or visit

Contact Information