SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 11, 2013) - Innovative technology communications agency Borders + Gratehouse is introducing a new brand identity -- Highwire Public Relations. The new name evokes a sense of risk and reward that is essential to the company culture and confirms the agency's commitment to partner with disruptive technology companies to deliver meaningful results. The agency is also introducing new team members, locations and expanded program offerings.
"Starting a business requires a leap of faith, but building the infrastructure to ensure lasting success takes the consistent dedication of a strong team and a focus on innovating as quickly as our clients," said Emily Borders, founder and principal. "We believe Highwire captures the elegance and thrill of a smartly executed campaign and acknowledges the payoff for taking risks."
Partnering with Disruptive Companies across the Technology Spectrum
Driven by deep expertise across technologies and a track record of success in emerging markets, Highwire continues to add exciting companies to its impressive client roster. In the high-growth markets of cloud infrastructure, enterprise and security, Highwire has recently partnered with SolidFire, PasswordBox, Blue Jeans Network, Symplified, Twilio, and Pertino. Its growing consumer and healthcare IT portfolio now includes RepairPal, Keas and ConsultingMD.
"Highwire has been a creative and tireless partner to our firm and our portfolio companies," said Matt Howard, Norwest Venture Partners. "The teams at Highwire have the energy, smarts and dedication that give our portfolio companies a competitive edge."
New People and Programs for a New Era
An unwavering focus on exceptional work, culture and professional development has attracted top talent to Highwire. Highwire principals include Kathleen Gratehouse, Emily Borders and Carol Carrubba and the agency has added several important new members while expanding service offerings including:
- Global Account Management - Expanding partnerships and seeking clients around the world, Highwire will continue to build out its global team with Vitor Souza at the lead.
- Vitor Souza, SVP and Global Client Lead, brings proven leadership in security and enterprise technologies and Global Program management through his positions as SVP at Horn and Global Director of Communications at BitDefender. Originally from Brazil, Souza has lived and worked on four continents. In his new role, Souza will guide international partnerships, building on Highwire's existing relationships and programs across EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
- Highwire Content Bureau - The new hub for content development for social, digital, bylined articles, Q&As and press releases. Comprised of an internal team and an extended network of talent, the new Highwire Content Bureau provides storyline development and content creation across a range of platforms from contributed articles and op-eds to social media, graphics and digital.
- Expanded Professional Development Program - Setting the bar for culture and support. Highwire is dedicated to growing and supporting its team.
- Guryan Tighe, Chief Culture Officer, will ensure the culture of Highwire is pervasive in every aspect of team cultivation and staff nurturing from team building programs and events to hiring and recruiting. Tighe will also oversee an expanded professional development curriculum that includes year-long writing sessions with acclaimed instructor Lauren Edwards, management training with Bob Finlayson and speakers bureau management with Deb Moses.
Highwire in New Places
With a deepening bench of top talent, the company moved its San Francisco headquarters into a new 7,000 square foot office in Jackson Square. In addition, Highwire opened its first office in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Led by Vice President Carolyn Adams, the Chicago office works seamlessly with San Francisco and provides market-hour support for Highwire clients across the country and across the globe.
For a complete list of services, client case studies and insight into the fun and fast-paced culture of Highwire, please visit www.highwirepr.com or find, friend or follow us @highwirePR, www.facebook.com/HighwirePR, www.linkedin.com/highwirePR. Future clients, employees or friends can also reach us at email@example.com or 415.963.4174 ext. 1.
About Highwire Public Relations
Highwire is a modern high tech public relations agency designed for disruptive companies. Our roots in journalism and Silicon Valley give us the drive, imagination and experience to create meaningful business results for our clients through smart communications programs. Highwire serves the spectrum of technology clients from consumer apps to cloud infrastructure, healthcare IT to security from offices in San Francisco and Chicago with strong partnerships around the globe. For more information, please visit www.highwirepr.com or @highwirepr.