LOS ALTOS, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 25, 2013) - Box today unveiled new enterprise-grade security features and product integrations that protect the entire content lifecycle, enabling organizations to manage users, devices and apps, while providing critical business intelligence and instant access to data analytics. New product integrations with Samsung, Code Green Networks, CipherCloud and GoodData will ensure that every interaction with a file is secure and will give businesses complete visibility into those activities.
"By moving content and collaboration to the cloud, organizations are unlocking massive productivity gains -- but these gains cannot come at the cost of security and manageability," said Aaron Levie, co-founder and CEO of Box. "We've built a deep expertise in securing information across the entire content lifecycle, and we're investing aggressively in new product innovations and integrations that enable all new controls and intelligence. Enterprises are putting tens of thousands of employees on Box, and providing the security and scalability they require while preserving an amazing end user experience is a challenge that our entire company is focused on."
Box is deeply committed to providing the security and visibility that enterprises require. On February 12, 2013, Box received the highest possible rating, "Strong Positive," in Gartner's "MarketScope for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing (EFSS)." According to the report, "Security, compliance and management are top priorities for IT organizations in EFSS, as well as in mobile device management (MDM)." Gartner also added, "organizations planning BYOD initiatives should include file synchronization and sharing requirements in conjunction with MDM."
Some of the world's largest businesses including, Electronic Arts, McCann Worldgroup, NBC Sports, Netflix and Sunbelt Rentals trust Box to power secure content collaboration. Mobility and the cloud have transformed how IT admins protect business critical information while enabling today's knowledge workers to be more productive and effective in their roles. Box is delivering security controls across the entire content lifecycle, addressing users, devices, content intelligence, analytics and reporting.
- Admin Controls for External Collaborators: Box is introducing a new control that allows admins to restrict individual users in their enterprise from creating externally shared folders. This enhancement gives IT and admins powerful, granular control over what content is shared externally or kept within the company for added security.
- Device Pinning: Available in the next two weeks across Box's leading mobile apps, including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Windows 8 and on its popular desktop application, device pinning allows IT admins the ability to limit from which devices users can access Box, ensuring trusted access to Box content on IT-approved devices.
- Samsung KNOX: Box is one of the first business applications available on and integrated with Samsung KNOX, an end-to-end secure solution that provides security hardening from the hardware through to the application layer. The integration provides enhanced security at all levels of the Android platform with simple and flexible device management that allows users to easily separate their work and personal lives on their mobile device.
- Login Security: Box is introducing an enhanced security detection algorithm, which will automatically detect and prevent unexpected user logins.
Box is announcing new partnerships with Code Green Networks and CipherCloud to protect against the loss of confidential and restricted data. These new security integrations enable admins to easily scan and identify restricted content and secure that information in Box's shared folders. Additionally, using the Box API, CipherCloud and Code Green Networks can identify when a new file is uploaded to Box, at which point the services will download and scan the content. Both services can identify dangerous content and alert an admin to place the file in quarantine for added data protection.
- CipherCloud provides data loss prevention solutions to scan, detect and take action to protect sensitive organizational information, providing an additional level of security and control for business collaboration and content sharing on Box while retaining functionality. CipherCloud also provides cloud information protection, malware detection, and cloud user activity auditing through an open platform that enables organizations to securely adopt cloud applications by eliminating concerns about data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance while preserving cloud application usability and functionality.
- Code Green Networks delivers data loss prevention solutions that protect private employee and customer information. The Code Green solution safeguards intellectual property across all electronic communications channels. The company's content inspection appliances rapidly detect and prevent potential data leaks, helping organizations automate compliance and mitigate risks from internal breaches.
Content Intelligence and Reporting
Box is helping businesses consolidate reporting across all applications through a new integration with GoodData. The integration provides an out-of-the-box analytics experience delivering best practices, KPIs and dashboards for content management, helping Box customers measure critical content metrics, including top performing content, security risks, adoption and engagement.
For more information about Box's security efforts, please visit: http://blog.box.com/2013/02/securing-the-content-lifecycle/
For more information about the Box and Code Green Networks integration, please visit: www.codegreennetworks.com/cloudcontentcontrol
Founded in 2005, Box provides a secure content sharing platform that both users and IT love and adopt. Content on Box can be shared internally and externally, accessed through iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone applications, among others, and extended to partner applications such as Google Apps, NetSuite and Salesforce. Today, more than 15 million people and 150,000 businesses worldwide use Box. Headquartered in Los Altos, CA, Box is privately held and backed by venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Emergence Capital Partners, General Atlantic, Meritech Capital Partners, NEA, Scale Venture Partners, and U.S. Venture Partners, and strategic investors salesforce.com and SAP. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Partner Quote Sheet
"Box is revolutionizing the way people share, manage and access business content from their mobile devices. Samsung selected Box as a KNOX launch partner because their platform provides an elegant, intuitive service that powers secure collaboration for millions of individuals and 92% of the Fortune 500," said Dr. Injong Rhee, Senior Vice President B2B R&D at Samsung Electronics.
"Our collaboration with Box supports our vision for building trust in the cloud by eliminating concerns about security and regulatory compliance," said Pravin Kothari, Founder & CEO of CipherCloud. "Together, Box and CipherCloud are taking information protection to the next level to give companies confidence to embrace popular commercial cloud applications anywhere, anytime, and realize the cost savings and efficiencies they bring."
Code Green Networks
"Code Green Networks recognizes that protecting data in the Cloud is an Enterprise's top priority. This is especially true in industries such as Healthcare and Financial Services where meeting compliance and privacy regulations is critical. By combining Box's leadership solutions for content access, sharing and collaboration with Code Green's Cloud Content Control, Enterprises can feel confident that their data is protected and secure," said Dan Udoutch, CEO of Code Green Networks.
"GoodData for Box is a great example of innovators working together to solve real customer problems," said GoodData's VP of Channels and Alliances, Cody Crnkovich. "GoodData makes it very easy for CIOs to measure the adoption of Box within their companies, track usage pattern, and understand the value of adopting cloud technologies."