CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwire - Oct 9, 2012) - Bradford Networks, the best choice to enable secure network access for corporate-issued and personal mobile devices, today unveiled Network Sentry/Analytics, the first cloud-based service offering that provides a new perspective into access trends across corporate networks. Leveraging data collected by the company's Network Sentry network access control (NAC) solution, Network Sentry/Analytics correlates and analyzes long-term network access data and delivers actionable reports that enable companies to plan and develop the right bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategy to meet their continually evolving security, compliance, and business needs. As a cloud-based offering, Network Sentry/Analytics can process large volumes of historical data to deliver predictive analytics without any infrastructure costs or management overhead for customers.
Customers already benefitting from the value of Network Sentry/Analytics include:
- Sarasota Memorial Health Care Systems
- Luther College
- The University of Nottingham (UK, China & Malaysia)
- Bryant University
- North-West University (South Africa)
- The University of Portsmouth (UK)
"Network Sentry/Analytics gives us a global, long-term view of what's going on across our network. We can visualize what direction trends are going, analyze the root causes through its drill down reports, and identify and prepare for spikes. In particular, it will help us with our capacity planning and enable us to prepare for our peak season -- during the winter months -- and seamlessly support the additional 25-30% more patients and visitors accessing our network," said John Bozer, director information systems, Sarasota Memorial Health Care Systems. "Having Network Sentry/Analytics as a cloud-based service is a major advantage because we get a lot of value-add information without the burden of managing additional infrastructure."
A Long-Term Network Perspective
The volume and diversity of devices connecting to both wired and wireless corporate networks is increasing and changing on a daily basis. By analyzing and visualizing large volumes of network access data over time, Network Sentry/Analytics provides detailed reports that provide organizations the long-term visibility and answers they need to help ensure wireless network capacity, software licenses, mobile device support, and compliance.
Key benefits and features of Network Sentry/Analytics include:
- Ensure the Most Flexible and Secure Network Access Policies -- Analyzes long-term data on network connection data such as users, device types, operating systems, managed and unmanaged devices, access points, and duration to enable the most flexible and secure network access policies;
- Ensure for Tomorrow's Wireless Capacity -- Trend the growing number of mobile devices, connections, and duration to predict wireless demand;
- Get Immediate Results with No Infrastructure Investment -- Network Sentry/Analytics is a cloud-based service that integrates seamlessly with the company's Network Sentry solution and does not require additional infrastructure;
- Focus on Managing the Business, Not the Infrastructure -- As a cloud-based offering there is no management overhead for customers;
- Empower All Levels of IT Decision-makers -- Provides secure, role-based access to a variety of reports from anywhere at any time;
- Long-Term Perspective for Better Decisions -- Designed and optimized as a datamart and reporting platform, Network Sentry/Analytics can store and process large quantities of data collected over extended periods of time to provide detailed and meaningful trending reports;
- Custom Reports to Address Company-specific Needs -- In addition to standard dashboards and reports, custom reports, and third-party integrations can be leveraged to address customers' specific data and reporting requirements;
- Highly Scalable, Reliable Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Hosting Platform -- Cost-effective and scalable for any size organization, and proven security practices from the pioneer in cloud infrastructure.
"Mobile device visibility and control is a critical component for a secure BYOD strategy. By analyzing long-term data, Network Sentry/Analytics provides a critical perspective to our customers," said Frank Andrus, CTO of Bradford Networks. "Network Sentry/Analytics provides the perspective and answers customers' need to proactively implement the right strategies, policies and technologies to address the new capacity and security challenges associated with BYOD."
Availability, Deployment & Pricing
Network Sentry/Analytics is generally available. All Bradford Networks customers who have deployed Network Sentry version 5 and higher can leverage Network Sentry/Analytics. Pricing starts at $0.99 per GB per month.
About Bradford Networks
Bradford Networks offers the best solution to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices. The company's flexible Network Sentry solution is the first network security offering that can automatically identify and profile all devices and all users on a network, providing complete visibility and control. Unlike vendor-specific network security products, Network Sentry provides a view across all brands of network equipment and connecting devices eliminating the network blind spots that can introduce risk. Network Sentry is now used by more than 800 enterprise customers worldwide in markets such as healthcare, financial services, retail, government, education and more. For more information, please visit www.bradfordnetworks.com.
Network Sentry is a trademark of Bradford Networks, Inc. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.