SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 14, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Fashion retailers in Brazil are adopting a push/pull model that balances real-time customer demand with seasonal trends to increase margins and improve performance across the entire offering. As the largest chain of retail stores specializing in women's clothing in Brazil, Marisa needed a technology solution that would tap multiple sources to enable more effective planning and allocation operations, and that would be intuitive for fashion planners. After comparing the top retail software vendors, Marisa decided to select a comprehensive suite of Oracle Retail Release 14 solutions to provide a common platform for its current and future allocation and planning needs.
- Marisa has selected a range of integrated Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization solutions including Assortment Planning, Merchandise Financial Planning, Item Planning, Demand Forecasting, Size Profile Optimization, Clearance Optimization Engine and Allocation to assist the company in targeting assortments based on market opportunities and customer preferences.
- With more than 410 stores spread across all regions of Brazil, the fashion retailer will use Oracle Retail solutions to help collaborate effectively and efficiently across planning, merchandising and supply chain groups and to help improve margins.
- Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning and Optimization solutions will allow Marisa to obtain retail-specific, science-based decision support and use that information to tailor assortments to key market segments.
- Oracle Retail solutions were selected, in part, because of the company's depth of retail expertise and customer and partner ecosystem.
- Marisa will also implement Oracle Database, Oracle WebCenter Portal and Oracle WebLogic Suite.
- "Oracle Retail has unsurpassed expertise in the retail market," said Andre Brandalise, Divisional Manager, Marisa. "We were impressed by Oracle's proven track record of helping leading global retailers improve overall processes to drive profitable growth. Proven retail solutions are vital to our roadmap and vision to build and refine Marisa's operations going forward."
- "Given the intense competition in Brazilian retailing, many retailers are looking to technology projects to boost efficiency, reduce inventories and get higher margins," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "We can offer Marisa a powerful platform that allows them to meet business objectives, stay attuned to customer needs and drive profitable growth."
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.