SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 20, 2016) - Unity Technologies today released its Q2 2016 Global "Games by the Numbers" report designed to help game developers better understand mobile gaming trends, app usage, device share and OS penetration.
To download the full report please visit here. Highlights include:
- Emerging economies Brazil, Russia, India and China (BRIC) accounted for 4 of the top 5 countries for global game installs with 41% of the total
- Samsung led the Android market for game installs with 35.1% as Huawei overtook Xiaomi as the second largest Android manufacturer globally
- The iPhone 6 and the iPhone 5s remain the most popular with a combined 28% of game installs, showing no change from Q1 despite the launch of new devices
- Android achieved near total dominance in Indonesia, with 96% of total game installs; compare to the Republic of Korea and Brazil who were at 92% during Q1 2016
- Android Marshmallow gained significant traction, jumping over 4.5X since last quarter to 7.5% of installs globally
"The global games market continues to grow, with exciting progress in emerging economies," said John Cheng, General Manager of Unity Analytics. "Unity's dedicated to helping developers succeed, and the information provided by Unity Analytics will help mobile developers capitalize on emerging trends."
With 238,248 made with Unity games generating 4.4 billion installs across 1.7B unique devices globally in Q2 2016, Unity is uniquely positioned to help understand trends across the greater mobile games industry. To learn more, please visit http://unity3d.com/services/analytics
ABOUT UNITY ANALYTICS
Unity Analytics gives you fast, easy access to important information about your game all in one intuitive dashboard. It is the only analytics solution that is natively integrated to the Unity engine and built specifically for games. Unity Analytics collects and processes game data for you, making it easy to analyze across multiple platforms. It gives you insight into player behavior that can improve the gameplay experience, and helps you get more out of your monetization strategy. For more information about Unity Analytics, please visit: http://unity3d.com/analytics
ABOUT UNITY TECHNOLOGIES
Unity Technologies is the creator of a flexible and high-performance end-to-end development platform used to create rich interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. Unity's powerful graphics engine and full-featured editor serve as the foundation to develop beautiful games or apps and easily bring them to multiple platforms: mobile devices, home entertainment systems, personal computers, and embedded systems. Unity also offers solutions and services for creating games, boosting productivity, and connecting with audiences including the Unity Asset Store, Unity Cloud Build, Unity Analytics, Unity Ads, Unity Everyplay, Unity Connect and Unity Certification. Unity Technologies serves over 5.5 million registered developers including large publishers, indie studios, students and hobbyists around the globe. For more information, visit: http://unity3d.com to see the latest games and experience created in Unity, go to: http://madewith.unity.com.