SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 23, 2014) - BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced the Top 25 Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firms in the Atlanta area, focused on individual money management, with the greatest amount of assets under management. This list is part of the series that BrightScope regularly issues to highlight data contained within its recently enhanced Advisor Pages™, a comprehensive directory of over 680,000 financial advisors that serves as a breakthrough way for people to discover, research, and select a financial advisor.
"Eight firms in the Atlanta area recently surpassed a billion dollars in assets under management, evidence of an influx in investment growth in the past two years," said Brooks Herman, Head of Data and Research at BrightScope. "The improving economy and strong stock market returns over the past several years provides RIAs with a tremendous business opportunity. Connecting investors with the best financial professionals for their situation is why we recently expanded BrightScope's Advisor Pages beyond simple, unbiased information to an interactive platform for investment research and expert insight."
The last list of Top Atlanta RIA firms was published in 2012. Noteworthy findings in this year's list include:
- Cornerstone Investment Partners, LLC tops the list with $8.6 billion under management, $800 million more than No. 2 firm on the list
- Ronald Blue & Co. LLC comes in at No. 2 with $7.6 billion under management, up nearly $2 billion in assets
- Nineteen companies return to the list since BrightScope's 2012 ranking; 15 of them have increased total assets under management in the past two years
Top 25 Atlanta area-based advisors by total assets under management:
Company - Total assets under management*:
1. Cornerstone Investment Partners, LLC - $8.6B
2. Ronald Blue & Co. LLC - $7.8B
3. Crawford Investment Counsel Inc - $4.4B
4. Shapiro Capital Management LLC - $4B
5. Angel Oak Capital Advisors, LLC - $3.6B
6. Homrich Berg - $3.4B
7. Iron Capital Advisors Inc. - $3.1B
8. SignatureFD, LLC - $2B
9. Asset Preservation Advisors Inc - $1.9B
10. Arcus Capital Partners, LLC - $1.4B
11. ZWJ Investment Counsel Inc - $1.3B
12. Wilmington Trust Investment Management - $1.3B
13. Capital Directions LLC - $1.3B
14. Balentine - $1.3B
15. Capital Investment Advisors, LLC - $1.2B
16. Montag - $1.2B
17. Globalt Investments - $1.1B
18. Brightworth, LLC - $1.1B
19. Cornercap Investment Counsel Inc - $912.3M
20. Marco Investment Management LLC - $888.8M
21. Windham Brannon Financial Group, LLC - $861M
22. Gratus Capital Management, LLC - $716.6M
23. Municipal Portfolio Managers, Inc. - $665.9M
24. Summit Wealth Management, Inc - $517M
25. Berman Capital Advisors, LLC - $512M
* Total firm assets under management are subject to change, as data is continually updated over time. The information presented in this list is current as of April 10, 2014, and should be viewed as a snapshot in time.
By aggregating hard-to-discover but publicly available information on advisors, BrightScope has created a free, easy-to-use database that is searchable from multiple dimensions. BrightScope's Advisor Pages™ features the data most critical to investors tasked with making an informed decision on which financial professional best meets their needs, including location, qualifications, amount and types of assets under management, area of specialty, legal disputes, formal complaints and more.
Advisors can claim and manage their individual or firm profiles at www.brightscope.com/advisor-pages/.
BrightScope obtains its data directly from publicly available sources, including required regulatory filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission. Financial advisors can augment these primary sources by claiming their BrightScope Advisor Page™. By analyzing and interpreting this data, BrightScope now provides unparalleled insight into the financial management industry.
For more information about BrightScope Advisor Pages™ or to find information on a financial advisor, please visit http://www.brightscope.com/financial-planning/find/advisor/.
BrightScope is a financial information company that brings transparency to opaque markets through independent research and analysis. Delivered through web-based software, BrightScope data drives better decision-making for individual investors, corporate plan sponsors, asset managers, broker-dealers, and financial advisors. The BrightScope Rating™, developed in partnership with leading independent 401k fiduciaries, reviews more than 200 unique data inputs per plan and calculates a single numerical score which defines plan quality at the company level. In April 2011, the company launched BrightScope Advisor Pages™, the first comprehensive and publicly available directory of financial advisors designed to help consumers discover information and conduct due diligence on wealth management professionals. BrightScope also markets a suite of data analytics software products to Fortune 1000 companies, asset managers, broker-dealers, financial advisors, and other market participants. Public ratings for nearly 50,000 retirement plans as well as rating definitions, criteria and methodologies, and information on more than 680,000 registered financial advisors and nearly 33,000 active advisory firms are available for free at www.brightscope.com.