SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwire - Sep 13, 2012) - BrightScope (www.brightscope.com), a leading provider of independent financial information and investment research, today announced its second round list of the top Orlando area-based companies with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $25 million in assets. This year BrightScope has extended the list to include the top 25 companies.
BrightScope obtains an increasing amount of its data directly from plan sponsors and record keepers, and augments these primary sources with data from publicly available sources such as the Department of Labor and the Securities and Exchange Commission. By analyzing and interpreting this data, BrightScope provides unprecedented transparency into the 401k industry.
"The BrightScope Rating gives plan participants insight into the factors that will directly affect their retirement, such as company generosity and total plan cost," said Dan Weeks, founder and COO of BrightScope. "There is no reason individuals investing in their futures should have to struggle making these important decisions, and with the help of resources like BrightScope, they don't have to."
Noteworthy findings in the 2012 Top 25 Orlando 401k Plans list include:
- Newcomer Emergency Physicians of Central Florida, LLP takes the No. 1 spot, pushing titleholder, The Joseph L. Riley Anesthesia Associates, P.A. to No. 2.
- 7 out of the 10 companies from the previous list made a second appearance on this year's list, except for previous No. 2, AirTran Airways, Inc., No. 3, CHEP, and No. 10, Attorney's Title Insurance Fund, Inc.
- Jump in rank: The Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic, P.A. moved up one spot from No. 5 to No. 4, while American Automobile Association, Inc. took a bigger step from No. 8 to No. 5.
- Drop in rank: 4 of the previous 10 companies dropped at least one spot in this year's list, most notably -- Tupperware Brands Corporation fell 2 places from 7th to 9th; Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, Professional Association dropped 6 places from No. 4 to No. 10, and The Watson Clinic LLP slipped 8 slots from No. 9 to No. 17
- Newcomers: Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, Professional Association (No. 3), CNL Financial Group, Inc. (No. 7), Akerman, Senterfitt & Eidson, P.A. (No. 8), Brambles USA, Inc. (No. 11 and 23), and Muehlstein Administrative Services, LLC (No. 12), among others.
Company - Plan Name - BrightScope Rating
1. Emergency Physicians of Central Florida, LLP - EPCF 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - 89.53
2. The Joseph L. Riley Anesthesia Associates, P.A. - The Joseph L. Riley Anesthesia Associates, P.A. Employee Savings Plan & Trust - 86.72
3. Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, Professional Association - Rumberger, Kirk & Caldwell, Professional Association Profit Sharing Plan - 83.52
4. The Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic, P.A. - 401(k) / Profit Sharing Plan and Trust for Employees of the Jewett Orthopaedic Clinic, P.A. - 80.40
5. American Automobile Association, Inc. - The AAA Thift/Savings Plan - 78.58
6. Gessler Clinic, P.A. - Profit Sharing Plan for Employees of Gessler Clinic, P.A. - 78.52
7. CNL Financial Group, Inc. - CNL Financial Group, Inc. Subsidiaries and Affiliates Employee Retirement Plan - 77.85
8. Akerman, Senterfitt & Eidson, P.A. - Akerman, Senterfitt & Eidson, P.A. Cash or Deferred Profit Sharing Plan and Trust Agreement - 76.91
9. Tupperware Brands Corporation - Tupperware Brands Corporation Retirement Savings Plan - 74.33
10. Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, Professional Association - Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed P.A. Retirement Plan - 74.27
11. Brambles USA, Inc. - Brambles USA 401(k) Plan for CHEP Employees - 73.92
12. Muehlstein Administrative Services, LLC - Muehlstein 401(k) Savings and Profit Sharing Plan - 72.77
13. Bond & Steele Clinic, P.A. - Bond Clinic, P.A. Profit Sharing Plan - 72.11
14. Blecsx Transportation, Inc. - Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers 401(k) Savings Plan for Employees of CSX Transportation, Inc. - 71.78
15. Mitsubishi Power Systems Americas, Inc. - MPSA Group Retirement Plan - 71.23
16. Space Gateway Support, Inc. - Space Gateway Support, Inc. & Affiliated Companies Retirement Savings Plan - 69.17
17. The Watson Clinic LLP - Watson Clinic LLP Profit Sharing Plan - 68.97
18. Universal American Corp. - Universal American Corp. 401(k) Savings Plan - 67.36
19. International Speedway Corporation - International Speedway Corporation Salary Investment Plan - 67.13
20. Physician Associates, LLC - Physician Associates, LLC Profit Sharing Plan - 67.05
21. TLC Engineering for Architecture, Inc. - TLC Engineering for Architecture, Inc. Savings Plan - 66.39
22. Johnson Controls, Inc. - IAP Worldwide Services Retirement Savings Plan - 65.93
23. Brambles USA, Inc. - Brambles USA 401(k) Plan for Recall Employees - 65.22
24. National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. - National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. Salary Investment Plan and Trust - 64.57
25. Floridas Blood Centers, Inc. - Floridas Blood Centers Inc. Retirement Savings Plan - 63.83
BrightScope's 401k plan Rating was developed by BrightScope, Inc. with the help of leading academics and independent 401k fiduciaries. Analyzing more than 200 individual data points, the BrightScope Rating algorithm can calculate a single numerical score for each 401k plan in the country. The data points examined cover broad categories such as total plan cost, company generosity and investment menu quality.
The company has rated more than 46,000 retirement plans, spanning 30 million workers and $2 trillion in assets, and provided information on more than 770,000 financial advisors. Industry adoption of the BrightScope Rating will lead to more cost-effective plans, increased participation rates, higher employee satisfaction and better outcomes for the 60 million employees who depend on their 401k plan for retirement.
BrightScope is a financial information company that brings transparency to opaque markets through independent research and analysis. Delivered through web-based software, BrightScope data drives better decision-making for individual investors, corporate plan sponsors, asset managers, broker-dealers, and financial advisors. The BrightScope Rating™, developed in partnership with leading independent 401k fiduciaries, reviews more than 200 unique data inputs per plan and calculates a single numerical score which defines plan quality at the company level. In April 2011, the company launched BrightScope Advisor Pages™, the first comprehensive and publicly available directory of financial advisors designed to help consumers discover information and conduct due diligence on wealth management professionals. BrightScope also markets a suite of data analytics software products to Fortune 1000 companies, asset managers, broker-dealers, financial advisors, and other market participants. Public ratings for more than 46,000 retirement plans as well as rating definitions, criteria and methodologies, and information on more than 770,000 financial advisors and nearly 45,000 advisory firms are available for free at www.brightscope.com.