Brilliant Mining Corp.
TSX VENTURE : BMC

Brilliant Mining Corp.

January 31, 2008 08:00 ET

Brilliant Mining Corp.: Record Quarterly Production-47% Increase Over September Quarter Lanfranchi Nickel Mine, Kambalda District of Western Australia

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Jan. 31, 2008) - Brilliant Mining Corp. (TSX VENTURE:BMC) ("Brilliant" or the "Company") today reported record quarterly production from its 25% owned Lanfranchi Nickel Mine, located in the world class Kambalda Nickel District of Western Australia.

Key Point Summary:

- Quarterly production reaches 1,619t Ni contained Ni metal, a 47% increase from September quarter

- Winner high grade ore production increases average nickel grade for Lanfranchi by 25%

- Deacon development on schedule with vent raise construction underway

The Lanfranchi JV mined 62,539 tonnes of ore with grade averaging 2.59% Ni for 1,619t Ni contained, a 47% increase in nickel tonnes over the previous quarter. Mining during the quarter included ore from the high-grade Winner orebody which commenced in October and resulted in the average mined nickel ore grade increasing by 25%.



Table 1 - Lanfranchi Mine December 2007 Quarterly Production and
Deliveries(i)(ii)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 months 3 months 3 months
ending ending ending
Area Details Units 31 Dec 2007 30 Sep 2007 30 June 2007
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ore mined dmt 62,539 52,886 60,864
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ni grade % 2.59 2.08 2.19
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mining Ni metal contained t 1,618 1,098 1,330
-----------------------------------------------------------------
lbs 3,567,000 2,421,000 2,932,000
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cu grade % 0.21 0.19 0.20
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ore delivered dmt 60,330 52,523 57,565
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ni grade % 2.59 2.08 2.19
Ore -----------------------------------------------------------------
Deliv- Ni metal contained t 1,563 1,093 1,262
ered -----------------------------------------------------------------
lbs 3,446,000 2,410,000 2,782,000
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cu grade % 0.22 0.19 0.20
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
(i) 25% of the reported ore deliveries or production is attributable to
Brilliant Mining Corp.
(ii) DMT equals dry metric tonnes, T equals tonnes, Lbs equals pounds


Brilliant Mining Corp. owns a 25% interest in the Lanfranchi Joint Venture ("Lanfranchi JV"), which owns the Lanfranchi Nickel Mine together with associated infrastructure, mining leases and mineral claims. The remaining 75% interest in the Lanfranchi JV is held by Sally Malay Mining Limited.

The project is supervised by John Williamson, P.Geol., of Edmonton, Alberta. Mr. Williamson is CEO and a Director of Brilliant, and is the qualified person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.

About Brilliant Mining Corp.

Brilliant Mining Corp. is focused on the production, development and exploration of nickel opportunities world wide. The Company currently has a 25% interest in the producing Lanfranchi Nickel Mine in Western Australia and has active nickel projects in Canada, including the Michikamau property in central Labrador.

On behalf of the Board of Directors

Mike Sieb, B.Sc., MBA, President

Brilliant Mining Corp.

Certain disclosures in this release, including management's assessment of Brilliant's plans and projects, constitute forward-looking statements that are subject to numerous risks, uncertainties and other factors relating to Brilliant's operation as a mineral exploration company that may cause future results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Brilliant expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information