MISSION, KS--(Marketwired - Mar 27, 2014) - (Family Features) Who says cleaning has to be boring? Glad Black Bag, the strongest trash bag around, is on a mission to provide good, clean fun, one home at a time. If you've just had a large party, are making room for a new wardrobe or simply doing house chores, there are plenty of ways to turn an otherwise mundane task into a fun activity.
In fact, lifestyle bloggers, Jessie Jane of LilyShop, Kelly Lee of Kelly Golightly and Jennifer Brandt of Perfectly Disheveled learned firsthand how to make cleanups more fun when surprise "Trash Crashers" were sent to clean-up their parties.
"I love planning parties. But when it comes to cleaning up after a party -- well, not so much. When I teamed up with Glad to host a clothing swap for a bunch of my girlfriends, they assured me that they would show us that cleaning up could be fun. That's right, fun," said Brandt. "It shows you can celebrate life's best moments and make sure that no matter the mess left behind cleanups are in the bag."
The bloggers have these tips to make cleanup more fun in your home:
- Host a clothing swap. Designate areas in your house for certain items, such as shoes, accessories and jackets. Once all the clothing has been sorted, swapped and shopped, you can bag up the remaining items to donate or take to a resale store. Afterwards, all of your belongings will be organized and easy to find.
- Add extra bags. Keep extra trash bags at the bottom of each trash can. This way, during the party you (or a handy helper) can empty full trash cans in a snap and easily put a new bag in without having to scramble.
- Keep clean-up easy. Don't let extra party food go to waste. Instead, send your guests home with leftovers in food storage containers, like Glad MatchWare. They'll appreciate the snack and you'll appreciate that nothing will go to waste. Plus, this means less clean-up work for you.
- Make it a competition. Have each person in your family grab a trash bag when you're cleaning up after a party or another messy occasion. Set a timer so you can see who has collected the most trash after 5-10 minutes. If you're playing with little ones, you can even have a little candy treat for the winners.
- Work it out. Cleaning is a great way to burn calories. Put on your favorite tunes and you've got a great opportunity to work in some cardio. You can lunge around the room, run or skip -- anything to get your heart pumping. Plus, lifting full heavy duty trash bags is excellent for toning your legs and arms.
With or without the Trash Crashers, Glad Black Bags will make the after-party cleanup a breeze -- no RSVP required. For more fun, tips and a coupon, visit http://www.glad.com/trash/black-bag-trash-crashers/ to watch the Trash Crasher videos.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.