SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 19, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Oracle worked with BT to test Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controller and BT's session initiation protocol (SIP) trunks on Microsoft Lync 2013, providing the companies with new opportunities to deploy innovative unified communications services in enterprise environments.
- Oracle today announced it worked with BT, one of the world's leading providers of communications services and solutions and a platinum-level member of the Oracle Partner Network (OPN), to test Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controller and BT's session initiation protocol (SIP) trunking to support a Microsoft Lync 2013 unified communications environment.
- Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controller securely connects Microsoft Lync unified communications services to BT's network, which helps support a smooth migration for enterprises moving to a BT-hosted unified communications offering. The certification helps broaden the enterprise market segment for BT, which recently completed a global rollout of its unified communications services to a multinational oil company with more than 50,000 end users.
- BT customers that implement its SIP trunking service with Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controller and Microsoft Lync 2013 configuration will be able to deploy interactive voice and video communications on a common Internet protocol (IP) backbone, which can help reduce maintenance fees, streamline operations and improve collaboration and worker productivity.
- Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controller can simplify and accelerate SIP trunking deployments through a network provisioning approach that can quickly resolve multi-vendor interoperability issues often found in heterogeneous environments. The solution also addresses security, reliability and regulatory compliance challenges by protecting and controlling real-time voice, video and unified communications as they traverse IP network borders.
- With Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controller, BT can:
- Accelerate installation of unified communications services for new enterprise customers by overcoming interoperability challenges and supporting tight integration between Microsoft Lync's enterprise voice features and other IT systems
- Maintain highly reliable enterprise communication services by balancing network loads across SIP trunks and helping to ensure service quality
- Enhance security to protect the service provider network and enterprise end-users
- BT worked with Oracle Communications Consulting, which helped to complete the Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controller implementation, including integration testing with Microsoft Lync, in an aggressive four-week timeline, which would not be possible without Oracle Communications Consulting team's specific skills and expertise.
- "More and more enterprises are seeking ways to leverage the improved functionality of next-generation networks to enhance their unified communications and collaboration platforms. Thanks to our relationship with Oracle, we can securely and effectively take advantage of this new opportunity," said Andrew Small, vice president, unified communications and customer relationship management (CRM) BT Global Services.
- "We are focused on providing our partners and customers with the technology they need to confidently roll out services and functionality without compromising their networks. We are pleased to work with BT to achieve this integration with its Microsoft Lync environment and help grow its enterprise business," Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.