PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 19, 2011) -
- BumeBox (www.bumebox.com) today announced the launch of its service, a social publishing platform that creates customized, social experiences for realtime events and promotions.
- By offering branding, customization and engagement tools, BumeBox is helping businesses bridge the gap between the social web and their core business goals.
- BumeBox is announcing three major partner initiatives:
- MAGIC: As the official social media partner for MAGIC, BumeBox will let anyone experience the world's most influential fashion event in realtime through a fully-branded Twitter contest. The event goes from Aug. 22 through Aug. 24 and the contest will engage the MAGIC community via a realtime photostream and allow everyone to get into the action from home.
- HeyDay Footwear: Last month, BumeBox hosted a celebrity tweet event to attract followers and generate sales. Through Heyday's list of 3,000 Twitter followers, the BumeBox "Celeb Party" brought in more than 400 mentions and yielded more than 2.5 million impressions in just one hour.
- Universal Sports: In September, BumeBox is powering the Universal Sports' realtime social module for the Rugby World Cup, allowing viewers to tune in on exclusive content and interact with the teams and with other fans. The 2007 event had an estimated television viewing audience of 4 billion. This year's event has the potential to be the most tweeted sporting event to date.
- With BumeBox, businesses will have access to:
- Social Integration -- Create a viral environment as your followers join the conversation; attract new participants and potential customers.
- Branding -- Complete brand customization with just a couple clicks; create an environment that consumers will view as an extension of your website.
- Commerce -- Enable purchases within the platform; make it easy for customers to buy on-site with one click.
- Analytics -- Optimize your social media strategy through valuable intelligence based on BumeBox's proprietary analytics.
- For more information on BumeBox, visit www.bumebox.com.
Why Companies Should Care:
- Social followers for Fortune 500 companies have doubled in the past year,* but no existing platforms let companies roll out content, generate sales and engage with followers simultaneously.
- Realtime media participation increased 20 percent in 2010.* As more consumer hours are spent on the social web, companies need to react in realtime and deliver the content that their viewers want.
- There are now more than 1.4 billion Tweets per week.** Sifting through that content is time consuming and often yields little value. Unlike other social platforms that are cluttered and inundated with content, BumeBox offers an on-site, branded and organized experience that is organic and can easily go viral.
*, Realtime Report, http://therealtimereport.com/2011/01/24/real-time-social-media-participation-increases-20-in-2010/
**, Mashable, http://mashable.com/2011/06/30/twitter-200-million/
Attributable to Jon Fahrner, CEO, BumeBox
"Companies are seeing extremely rapid community growth across the board and they are looking for a way to limit friction between the social networks and a branded social experience -- particularly with Twitter. BumeBox frames real-time social interaction around branded content in an understandable way that harnesses social velocity and the power of peer influence. Now companies can efficiently transform followers into consumers and align social strategy with core company goals. With proprietary analytics, we also provide the capability to optimize their social strategy ongoing."
Attributable to Elliott Gordon, VP/GM, Universal Sports
"Leveraging social media during sporting events has grown immensely and is becoming a core component of the total viewer experience. Our network produces so many world-class events that we are constantly searching for new and unique ways to connect our fans to the individual sports they have a passion for. BumeBox will deliver high quality Rugby World Cup social media programming to our viewers that are actively engaged on Twitter during these live events."
Attributable to Macala Wright Lee, CEO, WHY THIS WAY
"The social web lets brands give their fans and customers a more in-depth inside look than ever before. We chose BumeBox as the official partner for MAGIC because they made it simple to enhance attendee experience through social channels while letting our community engage with show activities online and offline, regardless of where they are in the world."
Attributable to Darin Hager, Founder and Designer, Heyday Footwear
"Heyday Footwear is known for being on the cutting edge of design driven sneakers and exclusively utilizing social media for brand awareness, but BumeBox has allowed us to truly engage and interact with our fans in a targeted manner that is allowing the brand to go BOOM! We had 2.5 million social impressions in one hour, that's engagement amplified!"
BumeBox is a social publishing platform that aligns the realtime social web to core business goals - making social media make sense for your specific business needs. Brands can now create customized, social experiences for realtime events and promotions using compelling and organized multimedia. BumeBox's social publishing platform lets companies host realtime events and conversations centered on their digital content. Through full Twitter integration, customized branding, commerce tools and proprietary analytics, BumeBox provides any business with realtime experiences that bring followers down the conversion funnel. Founded in 2011, BumeBox is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. For more information, visit: www.BumeBox.com.