PHILADELPHIA, PA--(Marketwired - July 12, 2016) - Minitab Inc., the leading provider of software for quality improvement, has announced the speakers at the inaugural Minitab Insights Conference, Sept. 12-13 at the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia, Pa.
The conference program gathers some of the brightest minds in the quality improvement field to deliver dozens of sessions on a diverse array of topics, all aimed at expanding participants' ability to analyze data and solve problems.
"We're thrilled to host this event and provide users with the opportunity to share their knowledge and experiences with one another," says Michelle Paret, product marketing manager at Minitab and one of the conference organizers. "It's exciting to see how these experts have achieved success by getting insights from their data."
Billed as two days of learning, networking, and inspiration, the Minitab Insights Conference is designed to enhance the work of quality professionals at all levels, from diverse industries. The conference program is available at www.minitab.com/insights2016, and features full details about the scheduled sessions. Selected highlights include:
- Ken Feldman, senior director of rapid continuous improvement at Dr Pepper Snapple Group, will explore high-profile case studies in marketing that utilized statistical tools.
- Steve Bailey, who was with DuPont's corporate Applied Statistics Group for more than 36 years, will provide an overview of DuPont's 50+ year Strategy of Experimentation (SOE) deployment experience.
- Ruth Krywicki, manager of the Process Quality Laboratory at MillerCoors, will discuss implementing a robust program to check beers and internal standards using control charts and other statistical methods.
- Richard Titus, principal of Titus Consulting, will discuss his experiences with the Crayola Lean Six Sigma program and review a select number of projects and results.
- Rod Toro, operational excellence deployment leader at Edward Jones, will discuss how to apply statistical techniques in a variety of real-life situations.
- David Kashmer, chair of surgery at Signature Healthcare, and Sarah Gibson, physician assistant at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, will demonstrate how statistical tools can boost healthcare quality, with examples of common healthcare mistakes and how to correct them.
- Kenneth Quiros, master black belt at Bridgestone Americas, will talk about using different types of designed experiments to improve processes.
The conference also will feature a panel discussion on the state of continuous improvement in 2016, a Minitab Lab where participants can ask questions and test-drive the latest Minitab software, product demonstrations, and more.
Registration for the event is open now at www.minitab.com/insights2016. The $650 conference fee includes access to all sessions and conference events; breakfast, lunch, and break snacks at the event; and a special welcome reception on September 12. Discounts are available when registering groups of three or more people.
About Minitab Inc.
Minitab Inc. is the leading provider of statistical software for quality improvement worldwide. Thousands of companies in more than 100 countries trust Minitab. More than 4,000 colleges and universities use Minitab for teaching and research.
The company's products include:
- Minitab® 17, the leading statistical software used for quality improvement and statistics education.
- Quality Trainer by Minitab®, an e-learning course that teaches statistics and how to use Minitab Statistical Software.
- Devize®, a powerful Monte Carlo simulation tool for engineers.
- Qeystone®, a project portfolio management platform designed to manage an organization's entire Lean Six Sigma deployment.
- Quality Companion by Minitab®, process improvement software for executing quality improvement projects.
Minitab's products are backed by free technical support and outstanding services, including training, statistical consulting and custom development.
Headquartered in State College, Pa., Minitab Inc. operates offices in Phoenix, Az., the United Kingdom, France, and Australia and has additional representatives throughout the world.