BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - May 3, 2012) - BzzAgent, the company that lets you try cool new products, share deals with friends and influence top brands, today announced the winners of its inaugural 2012 Hypeworthies, a recognition of the hottest new consumer products generating hype and flying off store shelves. Winners were announced during a live web broadcast event at BzzAgent's Boston headquarters today.
Through the more than 70,000 social media votes cast by consumers combined with insight from a panel of marketing, research and measurement industry experts, winners across 14 categories were chosen with Tide Pods, receiving the most votes and the People's Choice Award. The following are the winners in each category:
- Alcohol - Pinnacle Vodka, Cake Flavor (Beam)
- Baby - Burt's Bees® Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash (The Clorox Company)
- Beverages - V8 V-Fusion®, Strawberry Banana Smoothie (The Campbell Soup Company)
- Candy - Starburst ®Flavor Morph™ (Wrigley/Mars, Inc.)
- Coffee - International Delight® Iced Coffee, Mocha (Dean Foods)
- Cooking - Kraft Fresh Take Cheese Breadcrumb Mix, Italian Parmesan Recipe (Kraft Foods)
- Cosmetics - Garnier® Skin Renew, Miracle Skin Perfector B.B. Cream (L'Oreal)
- Diet - Skinny Cow™ Dreamy Clusters (Nestle)
- Household - Tide® Pods, Mystic Forest (P&G)
- Packaged Foods - Multi Grain Cheerios® Peanut Butter (General Mills)
- Personal Care - Crest® 3D White Vivid Toothpaste (P&G)
- Pets - Beneful® Healthy Fiesta Dry Dog Food (Nestle/Purina)
- Snacks - Ritz® Crackerfuls, (Kraft Foods/Nabisco)
- People's Choice - Tide® Pods (P&G)
Consumers actively participated in nominating these products across each category. The panel of judges reviewed all consumer submissions along with metrics on overall consumer buzz and market sales data from leading measurement companies to select the final winners in each product category.
"BzzAgent's Hypeworthies Awards is a true testament to brand advocacy. In just over one month, we received more than 70,000 recommendations and votes in support of the new and latest products that consumers love," said BzzAgent Founder and CEO Dave Balter. "We hope our awards program (www.hypeworthies.com) builds more buzz and hype for these leading products, and we look forward to growing this awards program year after year in an effort to gauge consumers' excitement about new and innovative grocery products."
The award judges included Jon Beauchamp, SymphonyIRI Group; CC Chapman, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur (@cc_chapman); Joe Chernov, Eloqua (@jchernov); Lynn Dornblaser, Mintel Research Consultancy; Peter Hoyt, The Path to Purchase Institute (@PeterHoyt); Matt Keylock, dunnhumbyUSA (@mattkeylock); Phil Lempert, Food Marketing Expert (@PhilLempert) and Jason Unger, MARS Advertising (@thejasonunger). Balter (@davebalter) was joined during today's web broadcast by several of these judges to discuss the winners in each category, consumer reactions to the products and best practices for building consumer hype that drives sales results.
Winning products will be promoted to BzzAgent's community of 900,000 influential brand advocates. In addition, they will receive a plaque and inclusion in a forthcoming Hypeworthies ebook.
BzzAgent, the social marketing arm of dunnhumby, activates influential customers to drive sales for the world's largest brands. With insights from over 400 million shoppers around the world, BzzAgent provides marketers precise targeting and a powerful engagement platform to turn loyal customers into advocates. Proven measurement practices provide detailed analysis of key retail metrics, incremental sales and ROI. BzzAgent has been a leader in word of mouth marketing since 2001, running thousands of programs for global companies including Unilever, Wrigley, L'Oreal, and Green Mountain Coffee. For more information visit: http://about.bzzagent.com.