BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Mar 25, 2014) - ORACLE INDUSTRY CONNECT -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As retailers expand, effective merchandising and efficient store operations are critical to ensuring the customer experience and item performance translate to new marketplaces. C. Wonder is using Oracle Retail and has opted for a cloud software-as-a-service deployment that allowed them to shorten the implementation time, while offering best-in-class systems and supporting flexibility to grow.
- Fashion and home decor retailer C. Wonder transformed its merchandising operations with Oracle Retail Merchandising System to support its 30 + stores.
- C. Wonder leveraged Oracle Retail Merchandising System's best-in-class functionality to help avoid customizations and went live on the cloud solution in less than eight months. The rapid deployment enabled the company to have the system up and running in time for the 2013 holiday season and set a course for easier upgrades and greater long-term flexibility.
- C. Wonder is using Oracle Retail to gain real-time insight into customer demand and category performance to calibrate day-to-day inventory, pricing, planning and financial operations.
- Logic, a Gold-level member in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), is providing the fully managed, cloud solution. Access to the proven implementation partner was a key factor in C.Wonder's decision to go with Oracle Retail solutions.
- The implementation is part of a larger corporate initiative to deliver a consistent customer experience and to help ensure product availability while preserving margins as C. Wonder adds stores and caters to a loyal base of consumers.
- This spring, C. Wonder will also implement Oracle Retail Stores Solutions to help improve reporting and operations, enable more sophisticated pricing and promotions across groups of stores, and help to bring new stores online faster.
- "A rapid implementation was critical for our business," said Paul McFarren, Chief Information Officer, C. Wonder. "We selected Oracle Retail solutions because they are proven, scalable and flexible, which lets us focus our innovation on the retail business and most importantly, the customer experience."
- "By leveraging the integrated suite of Oracle Retail solutions, C.Wonder is establishing a technology infrastructure that will enable it to delight customers, accelerate growth, and adapt quickly to new opportunities," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail.
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect, taking place in Boston March 25-26, 2014, brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges. For more information, please visit www.oracleindustryconnect.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.