SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 14, 2013) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
One of the largest telecommunications companies in Mexico, Cablemás differentiates its business by offering customers a bundled package of voice, Internet and cable TV services. After Grupo Televisa acquired the company in 2011, Cablemás determined that it needed to update its core information system with an integrated and strong infrastructure, to better deliver on the value of consolidation for its more than one million subscribers. Cablemás selected Oracle Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and Oracle Exadata Database Machine to manage and capitalize on customer Big Data insights across finance, marketing and operations.
- To achieve a holistic, consolidated view of customer and financial data, Cablemás, a subsidiary of Grupo Televisa, has selected Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and Oracle Exadata Database Machine.
- Cablemás will benefit from a modern, centralized infrastructure to host and speed data insights by replacing its aging hardware with Oracle Engineered Systems.
- By running its finance and billing data from Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, Cablemás expects to reduce forecast processing times from hours to minutes. The increased speed and visibility will help the company improve profitability and customer service.
- Cablemás will also be able to extract and process customer and business analytics faster by deploying Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite on Oracle Exadata. Standardizing on a single system with set business roles will help the company achieve more precise insights.
- With Oracle solutions Cablemás will better capitalize on the enormous amounts of customer data it processes daily. With rich, industry-specific dashboards and reporting tracking customer services and promotions, Cablemás will be better equipped to develop and deliver more personalized offers to customers.
- "With more than one million customers subscribing to Cablemás, our data offers a competitive advantage," said Wendy Alin Arias Gallegos, strategic information manager, Cablemás. "By moving our core systems to Oracle, we can capture and capitalize on customer information in new ways, allowing us to deliver the highest level of service to customers."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.