SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 10, 2013) - Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ: CDNS)
- Cadence Virtuoso Layout Suite Electrically Aware Design (EAD) can save engineers days to weeks of design time by enabling real-time parasitic extraction during layout.
- New product and methodology reduces need for multiple design iterations and "over design," translating to better performance and less area.
Offering increased design team productivity and circuit performance for custom ICs, Cadence Design Systems (NASDAQ: CDNS) today introduced a groundbreaking approach to custom design with its Virtuoso® Layout Suite for Electrically Aware Design (EAD). This unique in-design electrical verification capability enables design teams to monitor electrical issues while a layout is created, rather than wait until the layout is completed before verifying that it meets the original design intent. Virtuoso Layout Suite EAD allows engineers to reduce their circuit design cycle by up to 30 percent while optimizing chip size and performance.
Using this innovative new technology, engineers can electrically analyze, simulate and verify interconnect decisions in real time, resulting in layout that is electrically correct-by-construction. This real-time visibility lets engineers reduce conservative design practices -- or "over-design" -- that can negatively impact a chip's performance and area.
Virtuoso Layout Suite EAD delivers:
- The ability to capture currents and voltages from simulations run in the Virtuoso Analog Design Environment, and pass that electrical information forward into the layout environment
- Management capabilities that enable circuit designers to set electrical constraints (like matched capacitance and resistance) and allow layout designers to observe in real-time if these constraints are being met
- A built-in interconnect parasitic extraction engine that rapidly evaluates layout as it is created and provides an in-design electrical view for real-time analysis and optimization
- Electromigration (EM) analysis that alerts layout engineers to any EM issues that are being created as the layout is drawn
- Partial layout re-simulation that helps prevent errors from getting buried deep in a packed layout, thus minimizing re-spins and reducing the need to "over-design"
- A greater level of collaboration between circuit designers and layout designers to achieve electrically correct-by-construction layout, regardless of where the team members are located
"Virtuoso Layout Suite EAD represents a big leap forward for automating custom design, enabling layout designers and circuit designers to work together more efficiently and effectively through greater real-time visibility into electrical issues," said Tom Beckley, senior vice president, research and development, Silicon Realization Group at Cadence. "EAD underscores our commitment to keep evolving our Virtuoso platform to ensure it meets the needs of the countless engineers who rely on it to tackle complex design challenges."
For more information about the Virtuoso Layout Suite EAD, please click here.
Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today's integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP, and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers, and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry. More information about the company, its products, and services is available at www.cadence.com.
© 2013 Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Cadence, Virtuoso and the Cadence logo are registered trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.