CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Oct. 11, 2012) - Spoil your senses at Calgary's most recognized wine and food event. The Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival is back to entice Calgarians with a tasty weekend inside the Grand Tasting Hall where sensational cuisine and beverages come together under one roof.
Returning for its 15th year, the Festival will be held October 12 and 13, hosting food and beverage exhibitors from Calgary and surrounding areas. Guests will have the opportunity to treat their taste-buds to an abundance of bite-sized gourmet delights from top local chefs. Attendees will pair food samples with hundreds of fine wines, scotch, port, spirits and import and micro-brewed beer from around the world. This year's diverse selection offers a little something for everyone.
"This year's event will be our biggest to date, offering a wide assortment of culinary and beverage samples," said Cathy Miller, Festival Director. "We've worked hard to bring Calgary a huge selection of products ranging from ultra-premium to well-valued. The event offers a diverse selection of wines, beer, spirits and food items, providing Calgarians the opportunity to customize what they taste."
With 59 restaurant and food purveyor booths offering an extensive collection of gourmet cuisine, guests will need to arrive on an empty stomach. From savoury options such as beef carpaccio, cabernet braised veal cheek, gluten-free pizza, and craft sushi; to sweet options such as gelato, artisan chocolates, and cupcakes, this year's selection is sure to satisfy anyone's palate. The Festival is also presenting a large selection of cheese and complimentary cheese seminars from the Dairy Farmers of Canada.
Port, whiskey, vodka, tequila, and a large assortment of import and micro-brewed beers will be some of the delicious beverages being poured by the 137 beverage booths. Guests can also taste a large selection of award-winning and distinctive wines from 171 wineries in 18 different countries - including Moldova, Australia, Chile, South Africa, Brazil, USA, and Canada.
The Festival is the perfect forum to meet experts in the food and beverage community. This year the Festival is honoured to present esteemed California wine producer and négociant Cameron Hughes, as he joins the Festival's exhibitors. Through his low-overhead model, a wine négociant like Cameron works with wineries around the world to offer great wine at incredible prices. Attendees are encouraged to stop by the Cameron Hughes booth to meet the man himself, learn more about his ultra-premium wine and get their wine bottles autographed.
The Calgary Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival is the largest and most delicious wine and food festival in Alberta. It will be held at the Stampede Park BMO Centre, Halls D & E. Guests can choose from two tasting sessions: Friday, October 12 from 4 p.m. - 10 p.m. and Saturday, October 13 from 3 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Tickets for each tasting session are sold online for $29 or $32 at the door (based on availability). "Front of the Line" tickets are also available for $35; which guarantees immediate entry through an exclusive entrance, and includes a welcome chocolate, a sample of bubbly, a coupon for a bottle of water, access to a private coat check, and a special prizing opportunity. Sampling coupons are available for purchase for $0.50 each upon arrival, allowing consumers to customize what they try and how much they spend. Please visit www.rockymountainwine.com for more information.
Enclosure - 2012 Calgary Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival - Highlights
The Calgary Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival returns for its 15th year celebrating fine wine, premium spirits, micro-brewed and import beer and gourmet food. This year, the Stampede Park BMO Centre comes alive with exhibitors showcasing their best beverage samples and tastiest food fare. This information sheet will provide you with some highlights to help you get the most of your Calgary Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival experience.
|Featured chefs are offering an array of delicious samples. Some highlights include:
- CRAFT Beer Market (#C820) - Gluten-free, vegetarian Thai Lettuce Wraps with crispy noodles and vegetables tossed with sweet ginger and lemongrass.
- Sunshine Mountain Lodge (#C100 & C102) - Alberta Beef Rib braised in Molson's Oakhouse Lager, garnished with a blue cheese béchamel and frizzled onion served on a tomato crostini.
- Sunterra Market (#C623 & C722) - Shoyu BBQ Chicken and Sunterra Farms Pork Capicola Rice Bowl with mirin vegetables, wasabi sprouts and chili oil.
- UBU Lounge & UBU Asian Bistro (#C512 & C514) - Lobster Corn Dog - Real lobster battered in house-made tempura with lime aioli, by award-winning Chef Tomo Mitsuno.
- Dairy Farmers of Canada - Hosting complimentary cheese seminars throughout the sessions
- Sakana Grill (#C401 & C403) - Various Sushi, Maki Rolls, Gyoza and Yakitori.
- Design District Urban Tavern / Rhino Smokehouse (#C611 & #C710) - Hot Smoked District Bacon with Quebec Maple Syrup. Also serving Chocolate Bacon Peanut Bark.
- Crave Cupcakes (#C130) - New to the Festival this year, they will serve their famous assorted chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing.
- Chocolaterie Bernard Callebaut (C105) - This year the Festival will feature a sculpture of a bull - made with 500 kg of pure chocolate. Hand sculpted by Maître Chocolatier Derrick Pho and Master Chocolatier Patrick Senior, this delicious piece of artwork will be displayed in the Grand Tasting Hall.
- Cameron Hughes (#C200, 202, 204) - This year we are honoured to have esteemed California wine producer and négociant Cameron Hughes join us at the Festival! Through his low-overhead model, Cameron works with wineries around the world to offer great wine at incredible prices.
- Bonterra (#C525) -Bonterra was the first major vineyard to commit to organic and sustainable wine-growing in California.
- Vinicola Salton (#C717) - New to the market in 2012, wines from Brazil including Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc and Talento (blend).
- Rickard's Oakhouse Lager (C106) - Introducing the next Rickard's variant, Oakhouse Lager released exclusively at the Calgary Festival. The booth will be teaming up with Sunshine Mountain Lodge to create Sunshine's Alberta Beef Rib sample braised in Rickard's Oakhouse Lager.
- Mongozo Beer (#C324) - Gluten-free, organic Belgian pilsner that is also free-trade certified.
- Magic Moments Premium Vodka (#C227) - Rice based gluten-free vodka from India. All the following flavours have received International awards: Lemongrass & Ginger; Green Apple; Chocolate; Lemon; Raspberry; Orange.
- Monte Scroppino (#C134) - Premium premixed, iced cocktail from the Netherlands being poured for the first time in Canada at this Festival.
- Wiser's Spiced Vanilla Canadian Whisky (#C622) - New to the market in 2012.
To view a map of the Grand Tasting hall, please visit the following link: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/1011wnf.pdf.