PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwire - Dec 7, 2012) - It's Florence Nightingale meets Wonder Woman with an Internet connection! Across America, thousands of nurses are joining Mighty Nurse on its website and Facebook, creating the largest nursing community on the popular social media site at over 130,000 fans.
With this explosive growth over the past nine months, Mighty Nurse has become the most active and engaged nursing network, with a vibrant and committed group of nursing superheroes on the web's first career management community for their industry, www.mightynurse.com.
Alice Skinner, an RN in North Carolina, uses Mighty Nurse because "It's a great site to get current information about the nursing profession across the nation, as well as communicate with other nurses to express thoughts, concerns, experiences, etc."
Mighty Nurse is a place to champion nurses, and showcase their unrelenting support for humanity, along with their unyielding kindness and skills. It's also a community to help them achieve their mission. As Brittany Stewart RN says, "Mighty Nurse inspires me to be the best nurse I can be!"
While members aren't able to leap a building in a single bound (yet), they are finding inspiration throughout the feature-rich website:
- Peer Advice. Ask a question and get career advice from fellow nurses.
- Rate your workplace. The web's first facility reviews from the nurse's point of view provide anonymous ratings of workplaces throughout the U.S.
- Read original, real-life stories. Stories from nurses about career triumphs and trials are posted every day.
- Contribute and interact. Share your career experiences and discuss those submitted by others.
- Connect. Create your own Mighty profile page and connect with other nurses.
- Find CE classes and jobs. Find discounted CE courses and search full time or contingent jobs.
- Take a Break. Relax, find some humor in a difficult job and participate in unique contests.
Mighty Nurse is an online home for nurses their motivation, compassion, and sense of humor, and assisting their desire to be the mightiest nurses they can be. Members like Carmen Choumont, RN, BSN tell the story best. "A Mighty Nurse is someone who loves what they do and does it with enthusiasm and confidence."
Join now at www.mightynurse.com/register and Get Mighty!
About Origin Inc.
Origin, Inc. is a health technology services company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. It is the holding company for both Mighty Nurse, the web's first career management community for nurses, and ShiftWise, the nation's leading provider of healthcare vendor management services.