ST. JACOBS, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Sept. 6, 2016) -
Editors Note: There is a photo associated with this Press Release.
The much anticipated Canada 150 tulip has left Home Hardware's Distribution Centre in St. Jacobs, Ontario and is making its way into all Home Hardware Stores across Canada. Officers with the Waterloo Regional Police Service were on hand to help kick off the tulip's trek. This limited edition bulb, created as the official tulip of Canada's 150th anniversary is available exclusively at Home Hardware in limited quantities.
Home Hardware Stores Limited has partnered with the National Capital Commission (NCC), the official gardener of Canada's Capital Region, the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Communities in Bloom for the selection and distribution of the Canada 150 tulip.
Developed in the Netherlands to celebrate Canada's milestone in 2017, the tulip is white with red flames and bears a striking resemblance to the Canadian Flag.
"As a 100% Canadian owned and operated company, we are proud to bring such a unique offering to our customers to celebrate an important milestone in Canada's history. We look forward to seeing the tulip blooming in communities across Canada in 2017."
-Terry Davis, CEO, Home Hardware Stores Limited
TULIP FAST FACTS:
- During Canada's 150th anniversary celebrations, 300,000 Canada 150 tulips will be showcased in the NCC's flower beds in the Capital Region and thousands more will bloom in community gardens across Canada.
- Canada 150 tulips will be planted in the fall and will bloom in the spring of 2017.
- Canada 150 tulips have been NCC Certified and will be sold exclusively at Home Hardware in official Canada 150 tulip packaging.
- The tulip represents a long-standing friendship between Canada and the Netherlands.
- Tulips were first planted in Canada's Capital in 1945 when the Netherlands sent 100,000 tulips as a postwar gift of gratitude to thank Canadian soldiers for the role they played in the liberation of the Netherlands.
About Home Hardware Stores Limited
Home Hardware Stores Limited is Canada's largest Dealer-owned hardware, lumber, building materials, and furniture cooperative with close to 1,100 stores under the Home Hardware, Home Building Centre, Home Hardware Building Centre and Home Furniture banners with annual retail sales of over $5.8 billion. Founded in 1964 in rural St. Jacobs, Ontario, Home Hardware remains 100% Canadian owned and operated. Through the Home Hardware network, Dealer-Owners have access to 100,000 quality, brand name and private label products, a state-of-the-art distribution system and extensive marketing and training programs. Offering a mix of tradition and innovation, Home Hardware Stores Limited has received designation as one of Canada's Best Corporate Cultures and Best Managed Companies and is committed to providing local communities with superior service and expert advice. More information about the company is available at homehardware.ca.
To view the photo associated with this press release, please visit the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20160906-1068204e_800.jpg