SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 31, 2014) - Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Celcom Axiata Berhad is transforming IT to enhance its customer experience with Oracle Communications solutions and Oracle Communications Consulting.
- Celcom Axiata Berhad, one of Malaysia's leading mobile communications service providers (CSPs), has embarked on an IT transformation project to enhance customer experience through an integrated customer relationship management (CRM) platform, enabled by Oracle Communications Cross Channel Customer Experience Solutions, Oracle Communications Rapid Offer Design and Order Delivery Solution, and Oracle Communications Consulting.
- The transformation project spans call center, customer database, online portals and dealer management solutions -- consolidating customer information in a single view to enable Celcom to improve and accelerate customer service across online, call center and retail channels. Celcom completed the implementation in just 18 months for more than 10 million customers, working with Oracle and Accenture.
- Celcom shared best practices and lessons learned from this transformation project during Oracle Industry Connect this week in Boston. The event features many of the world's premier communications companies, and will highlight best practices to help drive next-generation industry innovation.
- Oracle Communications Consulting experts played a crucial role in helping Celcom meet its customer satisfaction goals by providing strong program governance, advising on best practice approaches and working with Celcom to improve deployment speed, enhance its customer experience and reduce operational costs.
- Celcom undertook its business transformation initiative in the second half of 2012 and its efforts began to bear fruit in less than a year.
- With improved system flow-through capabilities from retail sales to network provisioning, up to 99 percent of Celcom's daily prepaid customers can activate services in less than two minutes, while the company's Xpax brand customers -- which represent 50 percent of Celcom's prepaid customer base -- can activate services in less than 15 seconds. Customers can also easily reload their prepaid cards online in just three clicks. The new platform also allows Celcom to complete up to 99 percent of its daily mobile Internet activation in less than 60 seconds.
- The new Oracle platform also enables Celcom to run its call center operations more efficiently, with customer information provided on a single screen, instead of the two to five previously required. In addition, the Oracle solution helps increase customer service efficiency at Celcom's Blue Cube retail outlets, where representatives can complete service requests in an average of four minutes. It also enables live chat capability for real-time customer engagement and faster registration process with the new "snap and sign" feature. Previously, Celcom's new line activation could take up to two hours, compared to two minutes or less with the new system. With improved data visibility, Celcom can pay its dealers earlier and more often to help motivate them to achieve their sales targets.
- Finally, the solution has helped Celcom go to market more quickly, accelerating new product launches by 25 days, on average.
- Celcom was recently voted the 2014 Frost & Sullivan Malaysia Best Customer Experience in Telecommunications with the highest Customer Experience Index. The win is a testament to Celcom's commitment to satisfy customer needs and recognition of Oracle's solution effectiveness.
- "Meeting customer demands and exceeding their expectations will inevitably improve customer satisfaction and enable us to stay ahead of the competition. We are pleased that Oracle's advanced solutions will help us to implement a business transformation strategy to help ensure our technology, processes and people are on track to deliver the best results to our customers," said Suresh Sidhu, chief corporate and operations officer, Celcom Axiata Berhad.
- "Oracle is pleased to support Celcom's business transformation success by helping to enhance its multi-channel customer experience and improve service efficiency with an integrated CRM platform. We look forward to discussing Celcom's innovation strategies during Oracle Industry Connect," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
About Oracle Communications
Oracle Communications solutions span the communications industry landscape -- from cross-channel customer experience and business and operational support systems, to network service and session delivery and control solutions -- enabling service providers and enterprises to deliver and monetize innovative digital lifestyle services, build strong customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/communications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.