WASHINGTON, DC--(Marketwired - October 06, 2016) -
2016 USO Gala: Honoring Those Who Serve
Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016
5:30 p.m. - Welcome Reception/Red Carpet
7 p.m. - Dinner and Evening Program
DAR Constitution Hall
1776 D Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
Master of Ceremonies: Ryan Seacrest, television and radio show host/producer
Featured Entertainment: Zac Brown Band, USO tour veteran and three-time Grammy Award-winning, multi-platinum artists
CEO and President of the USO, Dr. J.D. Crouch II
Menu curated by: Robert Irvine, celebrity chef and 2014-2016 USO Gala menu designer
National Anthem: Janine Stange, singer and motivational speaker
Special Guests/USO Tour Veterans:
- Alex Trebek, "Jeopardy!" host
- Ann-Margret, Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award-winning actress
- Carla Hall, celebrity chef, author and co-host of ABC's "The Chew"
- Craig Morgan, country music star and television host/U.S. Army veteran
- Deshauna Barber, Miss USA 2016 and Captain for the 988th Quartermaster Detachment Unit
- Kellie Pickler, country music star and television personality
- Nigel Barker, internationally renowned photographer and New York Times best-seller
- Trace Adkins, multi-platinum recording artist and actor
USO Service Member of the Year Award Honorees
- USO Soldier of the Year: First Sergeant Melanie D. Scott
- USO Marine of the Year: Sergeant Terryn K. Thompson
- USO Sailor of the Year: Petty Officer Second Class Gary L. Arbuckle, Jr.
- USO Airman of the Year: Staff Sergeant Jonathan R. Bellio
- USO Coast Guardsman of the Year: Petty Officer Richard A. Steidell
- USO National Guardsman of the Year: Staff Sergeant Clinton E. Brown
The Janice K. Emmert USO Volunteer of the Year Award Honorees
- Ralph Nelsen, USO Osan Air Base, Overseas Recipient
- Ron Meier, Bob Hope USO Palm Springs, Stateside Recipient
Spirit of the USO Award Honoree
Some of today's most recognized stars in TV, music, food and fashion will make their way to our nation's capital to attend the 2016 USO Gala at DAR Constitution Hall to honor our nation's service members October 20. The group - most of whom are members of the USO 75th Anniversary Honorary Committee - will gather to celebrate the USO's milestone year. Among the long-time USO friends/special guests are: "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek; Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award winning actress Ann-Margret; celebrity chef, author and co-host of ABC's "The Chew" Carla Hall; country music star and television host/U.S. Army veteran Craig Morgan; Miss USA 2016 Deshauna Barber; country music star and television personality Kellie Pickler; internationally renowned photographer and New York Times best-seller Nigel Barker and multi-platinum recording artist and actor Trace Adkins.
As previously announced, renowned television and radio show host/producer Ryan Seacrest will serve as Master of Ceremonies with three-time Grammy Award-winning, multi-platinum artists, Zac Brown Band performing as featured entertainment. Celebrity chef and USO tour veteran Robert Irvine designed the evening's menu, and singer and motivational speaker, Janine Stange, will perform the National Anthem.
Hundreds are expected to join the stars as the USO presents its USO Service Member of the Year Award to a service member from each branch of America's Armed Forces. The Janice K. Emmert USO Volunteer of the Year Award will also be presented to two USO volunteers - one working out of a stateside USO center and the other from an overseas center. Guests, ranging from Washington dignitaries, celebrities and members of Congress to USO corporate sponsors and members of the USO Board of Governors, will watch as the USO presents its Spirit of the USO Award to The Coca-Cola Company in recognition of their 75-year partnership.
National Football League
PenFed Credit Union
Johnson & Johnson
Pritzker Military Museum & Library
Huntington Ingalls Industries
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Ernst & Young, LLP
Proctor & Gamble
The Coca-Cola Company
Express Scripts - Federal Pharmacy Services
Worth Linen Associates
NOTE: For more information about the USO Gala visit USO.org/Gala or contact gala@USO.org. For media inquiries please email email@example.com.