SOURCE: CEREUS Poker Network

Cereus Poker Network

March 03, 2010 18:31 ET

CEREUS Poker Network Pays Online Poker Players Just to Show Up in Vegas for Main Event

Network Launches Satellites Through UB.com and AbsolutePoker.com for World Series of Poker* and Unveils a Promotion That Will Distribute Progressive Prize Pool to Players Who Play in the Main Event, Regardless of Whether They Cash or Not

MIAMI, FL--(Marketwire - March 3, 2010) -  The CEREUS Poker Network wants every online poker player to feel like a winner at the World Series of Poker* the second they land in Vegas. So this year, the online poker site is putting hundreds of thousands of dollars on the table through its two online poker sites, UB.com and AbsolutePoker.com. CEREUS today launched satellites for the WSOP* and announced its Show Up, Get Paid promotion that pays every player who shows up in Vegas at least $1,000 in cash. The online poker site also revealed a final table sponsorship promotion that's worth up to $750,000.

Online poker players who qualify for their Main Event seat at UB.com or AbsolutePoker.com through Step tournaments or multi-table satellites and play in the Main Event wearing approved branded gear will qualify for the Main Event bonus. The bonus promises to pay out at least $1,000 to each player. The prize pool is progressive, so the more CEREUS players in the Main Event, the bigger the bonus will be. CEREUS will add $1,500 per player to the progressive prize pool and that amount will grow up to $5,000 per player based on how many players take advantage of the promotion. What's more, poker players don't have to cash to claim the bonus. Of the total bonus prize pool, 75% will be split among all participating players and the remaining 25% will be shared among those who cash.

The online poker network isn't just paying players to show up. CEREUS is also handing out money in the form of a final table sponsorship deal to players who go deep in the Main Event. Poker players can win up to $750,000 just by representing UB or Absolute Poker at the final table.

This year, both sites are making it easier for players to win their Main Event seat. In addition to Step tournaments for just 10 cents and Weekly Super Satellites, which are fed by daily qualifiers, UB.com and AbsolutePoker.com will hold a 25-seat Guaranteed tournament on June 6 and a 50-seat Guaranteed tournament on June 20.

Rounding out the list of Vegas promotions is a competition that makes it worthwhile for poker players to win multiple $12,000 WSOP* prize packages. A "Win the Most Satellites" leaderboard competition will award over $10,000 in Tournament Dollars to the top 5 players who win the most Main Event seats. The extra Tournament Dollars are on top of the $12,000 in cash that players will receive for each additional seat won.

More information including complete Terms and Conditions on all Series 2010 promotions can be found at UB.com and AbsolutePoker.com.

About UB.com
Raise. Stack. Own.
Built for the passionate poker player, UB.com offers top poker rewards, optimal tournament structures and fast-paced action games in one of the largest online poker communities in the world. Players can download the free poker software, play in free ring games and tournaments, plus meet and chat online with Phil Hellmuth and other Team UB pros to learn and enhance their playing strategy. UB provides the best poker games available on the net as part of the CEREUS poker network.

About AbsolutePoker.com
Absolute Poker is part of the CEREUS poker network and is dedicated to providing players from around the world with an online poker game experience that is second to none. Players worldwide can access Absolute Poker online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any PC or Mac and experience the best multi-player game online poker has to offer. Absolute Poker is committed to remaining the most trusted and best online poker experience, created by poker players for poker players.

*World Series of Poker® and WSOP® are trademarks of Harrah's License Company, LLC ("Harrah's"). Harrah's does not sponsor or endorse, and is not associated or affiliated with, UltimateBet or its products, services, promotions or tournaments.

Contact Information

  • For further media information, please contact:
    Kathryn Farrell
    PR Manager
    Email Contact
    Cell: +506 8323 5991