LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwired - Jan 7, 2015) - At the 2015 International CES, Fuhu, Inc., the creator of the award-winning nabi ® tablet -- the first Android tablet built for kids -- and the foremost innovator of technology for kids and their families, unveiled the most robust lineup in its history. The company's 2015 lineup is headlined by a major expansion of its category defining nabi Big Tab with the creation of new extra large 32", 43", 55", and 65" displays designed to further digitize and revolutionize the family home. This year, Fuhu will also introduce a wide range of new solutions that will truly deliver ubiquity of worthwhile experiences for the digital family, including: "nabi Anywhere" - the connected kids tablets and phones accompanied by a family wireless plan; a new line-up of Wi-Fi enabled tablets including the successor to nabi 2, the 8" nabi 3 -- "Elev8" -- and the next generation of its popular nabi Jr. tablet now available as 7" displays and offered in a number of branded special editions; and the next evolution of its action camera with the new nabi Square HD, the first 4K action camera for kids that is shockproof, drop-proof, waterproof without a case, created to capture childhood. Fuhu will also double down its focus on digital content product and services with significant enhancements to its award-winning supplemental adaptive learning solution, Wings Learning System, and the rapid expansion of its recently launched first-of-its-kind subscription service for kids featuring unlimited learning, apps, videos, games, books and music, refreshed and curated with good for the brain content, nabi pass, with an array of new content partners and original exclusive content.
Jim Mitchell, CEO of Fuhu, said, "We've had great success in the realm of kids technology, and nabi has become a brand that is universally respected by parents, and loved by children. With our tablets, accessories and content services, we are enabling and empowering kids to really show the world what they can do. Now as we further expand, we are taking a sharper aim at the ever evolving digital home and applying our deep knowledge from the realm of kids and expanding our portfolio to include everyday technology solutions that will also benefit mom and dad. The expansion into extra large format tablets with expanded focus on adult-targeted software and content such as food, shopping, productivity and sports is designed to have nabi and the innovative experiences we offer fulfill the need of family members across all areas of the home -- from the kitchen and living room, to the home office and play areas."
Fuhu's broadened focus on the family is reflected in the latest developments of their nabi Big Tab. The "bigger" extra large nabi Big Tab -- 32", 43", 55" and 65" -- are designed to be true centerpieces of the digital home and further Fuhu's mission to utilize technology to bring families together through the collaborative nature of the larger format. Each run on the latest Android software and feature Fuhu's groundbreaking Blue Morpho OS. Perfect for wall mounting in the living room area, the 55" and 65" nabi Big Tabs will provide Ultra HD resolution (with the 32" and 43" offering full HD) Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and near-field communications (NFC) compatibility, and HDMI input. The touch screens on the new XL formats will feature 20-40 point capacitive touch, depending on the model, ideal for the array of original multiplayer gaming experiences and creativity/art apps offered as well as new adult geared apps centered around shopping, cooking, sports and other interests, and full access to the Google Play store. A new Ultra HD edition of the popular 24" nabi Big Tab ideal for room to room portability will also be released -- perfect both for kids with the built in suite of games, creativity, e-books and watch functionality, as well as parents for kitchen and home office with the enhanced cooking, recipe, shopping and productivity suite featured on the new line.
In addition to the nabi Big Tab expansion, Fuhu will look to enhance the way it enables kids and families to learn, play and grow, with the nabi brand through an exciting array of new digital products and experiences. These new lines will empower kids to really show the world what they can do, anywhere, anytime.
- nabi Square HD: The nabi Square HD™, is the first ever 4K action camera for kids that is shock-proof, drop-proof and waterproof without a case, built for the rugged and extreme adventures of childhood. Unlike most high quality cameras that require protective gearing and an attentive parent, nabi Square HD was created for parents to comfortably leave the camera with their kids to capture child's most daring and most precious moments. It is designed to work with a child's outdoor activities such as biking, running, jumping or swimming, while capturing the most vivid and crisp still image in 8MP or video in 4K. The action camera is water proof without any casing to a depth of 32 feet and features a companion iOS or Android app. A variety of accessories for nabi Square HD will also be available, including various mounts and a diving case.
- Next Generation nabi Tablets: The next generation of Fuhu's award-winning signature nabi® 2 tablet will be released with the nabi 3 -- Elev8. Elev8 features a larger, 8-inch screen with 1280x800 resolution, with front (2MP) and rear facing (8MP) camera,16GB of storage, and faster and more powerful processor. It features Fuhu's Blue Morpho OS overlay with over 400 kid-focused experiences. A new sleeker, thinner frame design will also make Elev8 an ideal tablet to grow with as it offers a cool look when kids and their parents are ready to take the child proof bumper off the device.
Additionally, Fuhu has redesigned it nabi Jr. Developed to serve as a child's first tablet, the new nabi Jr. will feature a 7" display, thinner format, and is built around pre-K and Kindergarten readiness. It features Fuhu's Blue Morpho OS overlay, full access to the pre-K and K editions of Wings adaptive learning system for skillset mastery and building self confidence, and an array of age appropriate apps, games and content. A series of special editions will also launch and are enhanced with content featuring kids' favorite shows and characters from the respective featured brand.
- Connected Tablets and Phones: Fuhu is bringing cellular connectivity to kids tablets, and will debut a kid-friendly phone, along with a new family wireless plan -- "nabi Anywhere." This marks the first kids based connected tablets and phones with a data plan in the market and offers full mobility for kids and families with nabi tablets. Fuhu has entered into an initial partnership with LG who will provide the hardware for the tablets and phones which Fuhu will customize the interface and software utilizing its Blue Morpho OS overlay. More details will be unveiled in the coming months.
- Wearable Technology: Fuhu is getting into the wearable marketplace in a unique way with a gamified pedometer for kids called nabi Go. Through the nabi Go app featuring a variety of gamified experiences, nabi Go will make staying active fun with a creative rewards system, while allowing parents to track kids activity and sleep patterns.
- Enhanced Wings Learning System: Fuhu's supplemental learning solution focused on core curriculum standards for grades Pre-K through 6th has evolved to include workbooks and pens that connect wirelessly with devices so that kids are able to practice their penmanship, master academic skills, and receive real time feedback on their work. Parents can log on to N-Site from their computer to keep track of their children's progress as well.
- nabi Pass: The first of-its-kind subscription service created and curated specifically for kids ranging from 3-14, to provide a complete learning solution, and a deep offering of a vast array of good-for-the-brain mixed media content -- from movies, television shows and short-form videos, to apps, games and e-books. For the first time ever with any media subscription service, nabi Pass gives access to Wings Unlimited, a comprehensive and personalized learning system. nabi Pass recently debuted with top content partners such as National Geographic for Kids and Walt Disney Records, as well as CSI creator, Anthony Zuiker's first kids' series ever, Mysteryopolis, a gamified serial that debuted exclusively on nabi Pass late last month. Fuhu is finalizing deals with a number of new partners that will greatly expand nabi Pass in 2015, and the company is also developing original series and content that will be launched later this year.
The debut of the new product lines at CES takes place as Fuhu closes an amazing year of prestigious accolades and ground-breaking product debuts. In early 2014, Inc Magazine named Fuhu the #1 Fastest Growing Company in America for a second consecutive year, and Forbes named Fuhu the #1 Most Promising Company in America. Most recently, Fuhu was honored as the #1 Fastest Growing Company in North America in the Computer/Peripheral category on the Deloitte 2014 Technology 500™ list. Also, Fuhu was named a Kidscreen "Top 50" for being one of the top 10 digital media companies worldwide. Fuhu also had a stellar 2014 with the debut of a number of highly anticipated products including the category-defining nabi Big Tab HD ™ 20" and 24", the nabi DreamTab™ HD8, and the recently launched nabi Pass, a first-of-its-kind subscription service for kids featuring unlimited learning with Wings Unlimited, apps, games, videos, books and music, refreshed and curated specifically for kids ages 3 to 14.
About Fuhu, Inc.
Fuhu, Inc., the creator of the nabi® tablet, is the leading designer, seller and innovator of thoughtful consumer products and services for children. Fuhu is committed to creating children's solutions that are: (1) socially responsible, (2) made right, (3) make a difference in people's lives, (4) For Parents. By Parents.® and (5) dedicated to the intellectual development of children. Earlier this year, Inc. Magazine named Fuhu the #1 Fastest Growing in America for a second consecutive year, and Forbes named Fuhu the #1 Most Promising Company in America. Fuhu was also honored as the #1 Fastest Growing Company in North America in the Computer/Peripherals category on the Deloitte 2014 Technology 500™ list. Also, Fuhu was named a Kidscreen 2014 "Top 50" for being one of the top 10 digital media companies worldwide. Fuhu is headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., with offices in Denver, San Jose, China, Hong Kong, Taipei and Japan. For more information, visit www.fuhu.com and www.nabi.com.