SOURCE: Chartwells School Dining Services
RANDOLPH, MA--(Marketwire - Jun 22, 2011) - Chartwells School Dining Services is proud to announce the addition of a new school district to their roster of Centers For Excellence (CFE). Randolph Public Schools is the first CFE location to be certified in the Northeast region for Chartwells. The certification of Randolph demonstrates it as a pinnacle for excellence. CFE units are capable of sharing best practices, developing new programs and creating innovation while providing superior service and great food.
A CFE distinction is accomplished through a lengthy process of audits and inspections. In order for a location to become certified as a CFE, the account must meet over 300 criterions in specific operational guidelines, standards, and management training requirements.
Randolph School District received this distinction because of:
- Jack Jones, Director, and Felecia Connelly, Assistant Director, lead a team of 45 dedicated Randolph School District foodservice professionals that prepare nutrition meals to over 2,600 children daily in six buildings plus accommodates three satellite programs
- Randolph has partnered with Chartwells for fifteen years
- Chartwells' Eat.Learn.Live. Philosophy is exuded through strong Classroom, Cafeteria, Community connections
- Social Responsibility initiatives include trayless service at the high school and washable melamine trays are used at elementary buildings
- Randolph's program successfully balances Chartwells' nutrition, marketing, and culinary parameters while continuing to increase meal participation and customer satisfaction
- Randolph has achieved five star achievement in the Be-a-Star program since 1997
After being named as a Center For Excellence, Randolph will then serve as a regional training, testing and development center. Chartwells' specific training programs will be hosted at this location, including sessions on program standards, finance, nutrition and culinary subjects.
The official CFE certification ceremony and celebration took place at Randolph High School on June 17, 2011. The event was attended by Randolph school officials, students, USDA guests and Chartwells associates. The event also featured Chef Dan Ferland, Executive Chef with Chartwells Higher Education at Northeastern University. Chef Ferland demonstrated yogurt parfaits as part of Chartwells Chefs 2 Schools program during the CFE celebration.
"The cafeteria staff is dedicated to working hard every day to provide the very best for the students of Randolph. I am thrilled that I am not the only one who recognizes their outstanding performance!" said Edward S. Lee, Principal, Randolph Community Middle School.
"The advantages of a CFE to a school district indicate that this account demonstrates operational excellence with great programs and great people," said Toni Alexander, Field Support & Development Director for Chartwells.
About Chartwells School Dining Services
Chartwells, a division of Charlotte, NC-based Compass Group provides dining services for over 550 public school districts and private schools, comprising over 6,000 separate elementary, middle and high schools nationwide. For more information about Chartwells School Dining Services, visit www.eatlearnlive.com.