LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Sept. 21, 2012) - Rockney performers Chas and Dave have teamed up with East Midlands Trains to promote the train operator's cheap train tickets to London.
The duo, who have announced a series of tour dates over the coming year, are currently appearing on bill boards and radio adverts throughout the East Midlands, encouraging people to 'Gertcha self' to London with East Midlands Trains.
Neil Micklethwaite, Customer Service & Commercial Director for East Midlands Trains, explains: "Now that the big events of the summer are over, we want to remind people that there's still plenty of great reasons to visit London.
"The number one reason is the fact that we have thousands of tickets available to London from just £34 return from major destinations such as Sheffield, Derby, Leicester and Nottingham.
"We want to get the message out far and wide about our great value fares to London and what better way than to let the famous cockney duo Chas and Dave rabbit on about it!"
Chas and Dave will be promoting East Midlands Trains Best Fare Finder. This online booking tool helps to quickly and easily compare the cost of train tickets at different times of the day and days of the week to find the cheapest possible fares. There's further savings to be made by booking directly with East Midlands Trains as there are no credit card or booking fee charges.
Neil continues: "Many people don't realise that it's cheaper to book a train ticket direct with us rather than going through websites such as trainline.com or redspottedhanky.com. Unlike other websites, there are no hidden fees when booking directly with East Midlands Trains and our Best Fare Finder guarantees the cheapest ticket every time."
To listen to the new Chas and Dave advert or to book train tickets through the Best Fare Finder, visit eastmidlandstrains.co.uk.
Notes to Editors
For media enquiries, please contact East Midlands Trains on 01738 442111. Out of office hours: An on-call service operates for urgent media enquiries out of hours. To access this service, please call 08448 222888 and quote MEDIA1. Please leave a short message, including your name, media organisation, phone number and the nature of your enquiry. The on call press officer will then return your call.
East Midlands Trains
- East Midlands Trains, part of the Stagecoach Group, runs fast, frequent trains from and to London St Pancras International and key UK destinations throughout the East Midlands, including Leicester, Derby, Sheffield, Nottingham, Manchester and Liverpool.
- East Midlands Trains is currently investing over £40 million to improve stations across its network and every single passenger train within its fleet.
- East Midlands Trains is committed to offering great value fares. Use the Best Fare Finder to search for cheap train tickets and book cheap train tickets to London and on more than 400 routes across the UK. To find cheap first class train tickets, choose best fare finder and select 'first class'.
- Save money on your rail journey with the latest train deals and special offers and discount online.
- Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The company employs 35,000 people and operates bus, coach, rail, and tram services.
- Stagecoach is one of UK's biggest bus and coach operators. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach's 7,700 buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The company's business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge.
- Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
- Stagecoach also operates the Sheffield tram network.
- In North America, Stagecoach operates around 1,900 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Budget coach service megabus.com links around 80 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter and transit services, as well as tours, charters, sightseeing tours and a small number of school bus services.