BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Jun 28, 2016) - Vacations should be all about you, so don't let high prices keep you from getting some well deserved pampering along the way. While resort treatments can be pricey, savvy spa-goers know there are lots of ways to score spa bargains if you plan ahead and follow some basic tips. The travel experts at Cheapflights.com, the online leader in finding and publishing travel deals, have pulled together Spa savings: When, where and how to take a relaxation vacation on the cheap, including 13 tips for getting more spa time for less. For those wanting a true spa vacation, they've found seven budget spa destinations that put a spa-oliday in reach for all of us.
Here are a few ways to include inexpensive spa treatments on your next trip:
- Get social: Be sure to follow hotels, tourism bureaus and spas in the destination you want to visit. Many resorts, tourism boards and spas use social media to market their services and offer exclusive deals like coupons, packages, promotions and flash sales.
- Buy more: You can increase your chances of a discount or extra spa time by booking more than one service on the same day. If the spa menu doesn't include a section with packages, then ask. Most spas are happy to provide a discount for multiple treatments or add an additional service for free.
- Bring friends: Enjoying a spa day solo can be relaxing, but bring buddies and you could score spa savings. If you plan to bring a friend or two, call the spa ahead of time to see if you can get a discount for your group booking. While many spas offer couples treatments, many are willing to extend the same offerings to duos and trios of friends.
- Go local: Consider taking a staycation and see if local spas in your area offer state resident rates. The money you save by not booking a pricey hotel can be put toward your spa day.
- Be an early bird: If you fell in love with being pampered on a cruise, committing to another one early (even while you're still at sea) is a good strategy as cruise lines typically offer incentives like cabin upgrades and onboard credits to passengers who book early. Just be sure the onboard credit can be used to indulge in spa services.
There are lots of other ways to save including looking for last-minute deals; getting onboard spa credits for booking a cruise; using sites like Groupon and LivingSocial; going to Asia destinations where spa treatments are always affordable; buying a hotel-and-spa package; signing up for spa and resort newsletters and arriving early to enjoy spa facilities for free. For a complete list of tips, seven spa destinations that will pamper you on a budget and even a bonus list of airport lounges that offer complimentary treatments, check out Cheapflights.com's complete Spa savings: When, where and how to take a relaxation vacation on the cheap at www.cheapflights.com/news/taking-affordable-spa-vacations.
About Cheapflights.com, part of the Momondo Group
Founded in 1996, Cheapflights is a leading global flight comparison and deals publishing platform. It is now a market leader in the UK, U.S., Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand generating over $3 billion in global downstream revenue for its partners as it expands into numerous other territories. More than 120 million users visit its websites and apps each year, receiving more than two billion search results a month from across 900,000 routes. The 10 million strong opt-in subscribers to the Cheapflights newsletter receive the best deals from over 120 travel businesses -- for whom it has driven more than $65 million in revenue this year. Together, the Cheapflights platforms generate enough bookings for its partners to fill a Boeing 747 every five minutes.
In 2011, Cheapflights became part of the privately owned online travel search and inspiration network, Momondo Group.
Follow us on: