SANTA BARBARA, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 11, 2013) - cielo24, Inc. unveiled their innovative searchable captioning service that provides high quality captions, transcripts and indexes, starting at $1.00 per minute for 24-hour turnaround. The on-demand web service is integrated with popular video platforms serving the online education, enterprise and entertainment markets.
As the volume of professional internet media skyrockets globally, there is an urgent need to provide universal access for the hearing impaired and second language viewers with enhanced content discovery. The cielo24 platform solves both challenges by creating high quality, searchable metadata including indexes, transcripts and captions customizable across multiple industries. The cielo24 solution offers all three services for a single low per minute price, with no setup fees or upfront commitments.
"Traditional manual captioning services do not scale to meet volume, cost and turnaround time requirements. Speech-to-text approaches are low cost and fast but fail to deliver high quality, especially for key terminology or conversational content," said Brian Plackis-Cheng, CEO of cielo24. "cielo24 leverages a hybrid platform of automation with public and private crowds to eliminate common barriers to captions. Our on-demand solution delivers a unique mix of high speed and high quality searchable captions at low pricing."
cielo24 has partnered with vertical market leaders such as Lynda.com®, Coursera®, Amara®, Panopto® and latakoo®. By specializing in business-to-business partnerships, cielo24 focuses on high quality searchable captions that deliver feature-rich end-to-end solutions in online education, enterprise and entertainment.
"cielo24 delivers high quality captions so that millions of our students have universal access to the world's best courses," said Jiquan Ngiam, Director of Engineering at Coursera. "Utilizing cielo24's on-demand captioning service, Coursera can focus on delivering the world's best educational content from more than 80 premier institutions."
cielo24 meets the growing requirements of today's media leaders providing on-demand, high quality, low cost native language captions with integration of popular video platforms like YouTube, Brightcove and Kaltura. Coursera, Lynda.com, Stanford and the University of California system have been utilizing cielo24 captioning and subtitles for more than 10,000 online video courses.
cielo24 searchable captions include:
- Fast, high quality, low cost captions within 24 hours: cielo24 utilizes a hybrid platform consisting of automation, and public and private paid crowds to quickly deliver high quality, low cost native language captions.
- Captions, transcripts and indexes for one low price: cielo24 turns unstructured media into structured searchable data so that clients can generate captions, timed transcripts or indexes on-demand.
- Flexible service quality and levels: cielo24 delivers three levels of quality; machine generated (70 to 80%), high quality premium (96 to 98%), professional quality (99%+). Based on requirements, clients can choose the right mix of quality and turnaround time including service guarantees.
- Flexible sourcing model: cielo24 has developed a flexible sourcing architecture that allows cielo24 to provide a one stop shop for clients captioning, indexing, subtitles, editing and even volunteer translation needs. Sourcing partnerships include Amara®, Koemei®, and VerbalizeIt®.
- Complete end-to-end automated workflow: cielo24 eliminates project management and coordination for captions and subtitles. Tagged videos are automatically captioned and subtitled. All workflow participants, including content creators, producers, and editors are managed seamlessly.
- Integration with Popular Video Platforms: cielo24 integrates seamlessly with popular video platforms including Kaltura®, YouTube®, and Brightcove® to automate the caption and subtitle processing end to end.
Services available now and can be piloted free at http://www.cielo24.com.
cielo24 Inc. delivers on-demand searchable captions for media partners in the online education, enterprise, and entertainment markets. The cielo24 platform creates high quality, searchable data from unstructured media including indexes, transcripts and captions. cielo24 provides highly integrated, customized, scalable solutions at high quality, low cost and speed. cielo24 focuses on professional Internet media helping clients enhance ROI for online media by extending reach and content discovery. http://www.cielo24.com