SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 11, 2014) - Underscoring its commitment to excellence in education and certifications, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today announced that its industry leading CCNA® Security Certification has been approved as a Department of Defense (DoD) 8570.01-M Certification.
- The DoD 8570 Directive provides guidance and procedures for the training, certification and management of all DoD employees performing Information Assurance functions in their line of duty. These individuals are required to carry an approved certification for their particular job role and classification.
- Based on the Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program Advisory Council Certification Committee's recommendation, CCNA Security has been approved for DoD Information Assurance Technician Levels I and II. The certification has been verified to meet the requirements of the DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, as of January 15, 2014.
- Cisco is the first vendor to offer a robust networking certification portfolio that meets the ISO 17024 standard accredited by ANSI.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said: "Cisco is dedicated to continuously improving the rigor and quality of our career certifications. The announcement that CCNA Security is now approved for DoD Information Assurance Technician Levels I and II highlights our commitment to ensuring we align our training with future cybersecurity job roles and meet the highest standards in the industry for educational programs. This accreditation is one of a number of initiatives that Cisco is driving to enhance the value of our certifications. Cisco certifications provide the technical skills and depth of knowledge required for professionals to stand out in today's job market, while enabling a competitive advantage for their employers."
- Dr. Vijay Krishna, director of ANSI personnel credentialing accreditation programs, said: "ANSI commends Cisco for maintaining the rigorous requirements of the ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 standard and demonstrating its commitment to the continual improvement of its credentialing program. Accreditation by ANSI demonstrates compliance to a rigorous internationally recognized accreditation process and creates a valuable market distinction for these Cisco credentials. ANSI is designated by the Department of Defense 8570 directive as the accreditor for the Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program under which the CCNA Security exam has been approved."
- Richard Hale, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Cybersecurity, Department of Defense, said: "We appreciate the effort your organization has shown in working with the cybersecurity community to support the assessment of this certification."
Learn more about Cisco Certifications at www.ciscolearningnetwork.com
Social Media Destinations:
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco, CCNA and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.