SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 5, 2012) - IDG Enterprise today kicked off its inaugural Consumerization of IT in the Enterprise (CITE) Conference & Expo. The conference converged IT industry luminaries to discuss the integration of today's exciting consumer technologies into corporate IT infrastructures through more than 25 content-packed panels, case studies and practical workshops.
Jon Fortt, Technology Correspondent for CNBC, delivered opening remarks on the evolution and future of technology, and Dion Hinchliffe, Executive Vice President of Strategy of the Dachis Group, presented an educational keynote on "The Consumerization of IT: Real Companies and The Next Generation of Business." Hinchliffe's keynote focused on the fundamental shift away from IT creating and managing the organization's IT assets to accepting that employees now own significant swaths of technology and will lead the enterprise march to the future.
"The consumerization of today's information technology systems is here to stay, and IT departments and executives must work to determine the best ways to integrate these technologies into their ecosystems," said Michael Friedenberg, president & CEO, IDG Enterprise. "Today's CITE Conference participants presented compelling content and case studies showcasing how IT executives need to embrace consumer technologies and usher in a new, more social and mobile business environment."
Today's conference agenda included a fast-paced round of demonstrations from Code 42 Software, Fiberlink, OutSystems, Rackspace Hosting, SAP and YouSendIt.
Today's conference tracks included:
- Corporate Tablet Devices with moderator Julie King, Executive Editor, Events and National Correspondent, Computerworld, and speakers Don Stockslager, VP of Boarding Tools, Strategy and Support, First Data Corp.; and Amy Stephan, Director of US Windows Client, Microsoft.
- Mobile Application Strategies with moderator Maryfran Johnson, Editor in Chief, CIO magazine and events, and speakers Philippe Winthrop, Managing Director, The Enterprise Mobility Foundation; and Jason Ruger, CSO, Motorola Mobility.
- Infrastructure in the Consumerized Enterprise with moderator John Gallant, SVP and Chief Content Officer, IDG Enterprise, and speakers Terri McClure, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group; Chris Fleck, Vice President Mobility Solutions, Citrix Systems; and Justin Burns, Director of IT, Jack in the Box.
- Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) with moderator Galen Gruman, Executive Editor, Infoworld and speakers Tony Lalli, Infrastructure Architect, Bank of New York Mellon; and Lance Perry, Vice President IT, Customer Strategy and Success, Cisco.
Other featured discussions included:
- "TabletTalk: Customer On-Boarding in Financial Services" with Don Stockslager, VP of Boarding Tools, Strategy and Support, First Data Corp.
- "The Era of Engagement: IT as Business Strategist" with Karen Walker, Vice President, Segment & Services Portfolio Marketing, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- "TabletTalk: A Beverage Distributor's Story of Transformation" with Steve Fleming, Vice President of Administration, Ben E. Keith
- "Quintiles: Meet the Next Generation of Business" with Joe Donnici, Vice President, Core IT, Quintiles
- "TabletTalk: NBC's Path to Mobility and the App Store" with Robert Angel, Vice President of Product Management, NBC Universal
- "What is Gamification, and Why Should It Be on My Enterprise's Priority List" with Gabe Zichermann, CEO, Gamification Co & Dopamine Inc.
- "Driving End-User Value" with Jane Boulware, General Manager, Windows Client, Microsoft.
The day rounded out with companies discussing their real-world experiences, including case studies by Jacobs, Park Place Dealerships, Northrop Grumman, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, CME Group Inc., Cynthia Farren Consulting, Yammer and KLA-Tencor Corp. Additionally, attendees had the opportunity participate in workshops on "Strategies for Empowering a Multi-Platform BYOD Workforce" and "Sane Strategies for Containing Device Sprawl and Support."
Tonight, CITE Conference & Expo attendees will participate in a special screening of the film Connected: An Autoblogography about Love, Death & Technology, from director Tiffany Shlain, founder of The Webby Awards and co-founder of The International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences. To find out more about the film and to view the trailer, please visit: www.citeconference.com.
The CITE Conference & Expo continues throughout the day, March 6, 2012. To follow news and information from the CITE Conference & Expo, or to join the discussion:
CITE Conference & Expo 2012 Sponsors
CITE Conference & Expo Game Changer Sponsors: Cisco, Citrix Systems, Juniper Networks, and Microsoft.
CITE Conference & Expo Innovator Sponsors: Box, Meru Networks, Motorola Mobility, Inc., Parallels, and Yammer.
CITE Conference & Expo Next Gen Plus Sponsors: Code42 Software, MaaS360 by Fiberlink, OutSystems, Rackspace Hosting, SAP and YouSendIt.
CITE Conference & Expo Next Gen Sponsors: Aerohive Networks, AirWatch, Appcelerator, AppCentral, Aruba Networks, BitzerMobile, Bunchball, Good Technology, Keynote DeviceAnywhere, Krux, LongJump, MobileIron, Nukona, Smartling, SoftwareFX, Symplified and Taptera.
About CITE Conference & Expo
CITE: The Consumerization of IT in the Enterprise Conference & Expo brings together the buyers and sellers of consumerized IT solutions to drive adoption and deployment in the enterprise. This new, national conference and expo gives IT and business executives, venture capitalists, and a wide array of business technology decision-makers, a holistic view of how personal technology is changing and infusing the workplace -- with the ability to drive innovation and productivity to new heights. Embracing this trend is critical not only for attracting and empowering the next generation workforce but for retaining customers and creating business advantage.
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company brings together the leading editorial brands (CFOworld, CIO, Computerworld, CSO, DEMO, InfoWorld, ITworld and Network World) to serve the information needs of our technology, security and financial-focused audiences. As the premier hi-tech B2B media company, we serve our reader and advertiser audiences by delivering award-winning content, community, conversation and conversion solutions across our entire portfolio of websites, events, magazines, products and services. In addition, the CIO Executive Council is a peer advisory service that delivers on the business, technology, and leadership needs for the world's elite CIOs and their respective staffs. For more information, visit www.idgenterprise.com.