NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Jan 7, 2014) - Citi® today announced Evenings with Legends, an exclusive lineup of music and sports experiences for Citi cardmembers leading up to American football's biggest game. Evenings with Legends will kick off January 29th and will bring Citi cardmembers up close and personal with some of their favorite sports heroes, coaches and expert commentators as well as Grammy-winning musicians.
"Being in the same room with the athlete or band you've been cheering on for years is the ultimate experience for many fans," said Jennifer Breithaupt, SVP of Entertainment Marketing, Citi. "We're looking forward to creating these memories for our cardmembers in an intimate and unique setting, during what will surely be the busiest and most exciting week in New York City this year."
Through the Citi Private Pass program, Citi cardmembers enjoy access to more than 10,000 events each year across music, sports, dining, comedy and family entertainment. These experiences range from preferred tickets and early access to top concert tours and sporting events to curated special events such as youth clinics with sports heroes, and VIP concert experiences including pre-show performances and Q&A.
A complete schedule of the Evenings with Legends events at The McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, is below. From January 29 - 31, each day Citi will host a conversation with a sports legend in the early evening, followed by an intimate music performance later that night. Beginning January 8, at 11 a.m. ET, Citi cardmembers can purchase tickets to these special events via www.citiprivatepass.com. Due to the intimate and exclusive nature of the experience, quantities are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. All attendees must be at least 21 years of age.
- January 29, 2014 -- Eli Manning and Bob Papa -- Join two-time championship MVP quarterback Eli Manning and Football Commentator Bob Papa for a conversation on the upcoming game and what football fans can expect in 2014.
- January 29, 2014 -- John Legend -- Enjoy a special performance by critically-acclaimed, nine-time Grammy Award winning singer-songwriter John Legend. Legend released his highly anticipated fourth solo studio album, Love In The Future in September 2013.
- January 30 -- Mike, Mike and Mike -- Join ESPN's Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic for an exciting conversation with Chicago's Mike Ditka on what coaches are going through and how they are preparing for the biggest game of their career.
- January 30, 2014 -- Band of Horses -- Experience an intimate performance by Band of Horses. Following the release of Infinite Arms, which was nominated for a Grammy for Best Alternative Album, and the Glyn Johns-produced Mirage Rock, Band of Horses have toured incessantly and are now preparing to release the live show document, Acoustic at the Ryman, next month.
- January 31 -- Jerry Rice and Peter King -- Join three-time champion and the greatest wide receiver of all time for an in-depth look at Sunday's game hosted by NBC Sports football insider Peter King. Hear their perspectives on what it takes to become a champion and perform at the highest level on the world's biggest stage.
"I had a lot of fun running drills and helping young players develop their game at my clinic for Citi customers' kids a few months ago," said Jerry Rice. "I'm looking forward to talking with Peter and fans about the preparation and intensity that leads up to the biggest game of a player's career."
On Friday, January 31, Citi will host an intimate performance by six-time Grammy award-winning rock band, The Black Keys. Tickets to this special event at the Roseland Ballroom, produced by Live Nation Entertainment, will be available only to Citi cardmembers beginning on Tuesday, January 28.
Citi hosts more than a hundred youth clinics annually with sports legends like Jerry Rice and Eli Manning. In addition to the Evenings with Legends lineup, Citi will be presenting two events for young fans on Saturday, February 1:
- Citi Super ProCamp V -- Youth football camp open to boys and girls grades 1-8 will be hosted by country music superstar Garth Brooks and All-Pro Defensive End Justin Tuck and benefits the Teammates for Kids Foundation.
- Citi Cheerleading Super ProCamp V -- In conjunction with the football camp, cheerleading instructor Katina Taylor, wife of future Hall of Famer Jason Taylor, will be hosting this camp for girls in grades 1-8.
For more information on unique experiences Citi is offering cardmembers during the biggest week in American football and throughout the year, visit www.citiprivatepass.com.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://new.citi.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi