MADISON, WI--(Marketwired - June 21, 2016) - Redox, an integration platform that enables applications to easily and securely share data with electronic health records (EHRs), announced the integration of five cloud-based software applications which address some of the biggest challenges in the healthcare industry. Since closing their Series A investment in October of 2015, Redox has been scaling its ability to help cloud applications integrate with various legacy EHR vendors used at health systems. Today, hundreds of developers use the Redox platform to provide healthcare systems with innovative applications that improve patient care. Among these are:
- Breg: Essentia Health, an integrated health system serving Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and Idaho, has partnered with Breg to more efficiently supply durable medical equipment (DME) in orthopedic clinics. Using Redox, Breg's software efficiently integrates with Essentia's instance of Epic to deliver in-office bracing and supplies programs to orthopedic patients.
- Carevive: Carevive's oncology platform uses proprietary clinical algorithms to analyze clinical and patient-reported data to draft personalized, patient-facing treatment, distress and symptom management and survivorship care plans. Their product is integrated through Redox and in use at leading cancer centers across the US, including Hartford Health (using Epic) and Billings Clinic (using Cerner).
- CODE Technology: ORA Orthopedics, the largest and most comprehensive orthopedic provider in Iowa's quad cities, works with CODE Technology to collect patient reported outcomes before surgery and at several intervals post-operatively. Using Redox, CODE is able to reduce manual data entry by receiving surgical case information as cases are scheduled, as well as easily send information they've collected back into ORA's GE Centricity system.
- Gauss Surgical: HackensackUMC, an academic hospital center in New Jersey, implemented a groundbreaking approach to measuring blood loss powered by FDA-cleared technology developed by Gauss. The solution pushes blood loss levels into the hospital's Epic EHR system in real-time using Redox's medical device integration API.
- Relaymed: Mi Doctor family practices in eastern Texas utilizes Relaymed to administer point-of-care tests while streamlining provider workflows. Using Redox, Relaymed is able to receive orders and post test results directly into eClinicalWorks taking operator error out of the equation. This solution helps ensure accurate data populates the patient chart allowing clinical staff to focus on patient care.
- SwervePay: CenterPoint Health Systems in St. Louis using the EHR developed by QRS Health Solutions can now easily estimate the full out-of-pocket costs for patients with SwervePay. Redox helps them collect real-time scheduling and patient demographic information to streamline workflows.
"Working with Redox has been great! They allowed our engineers to focus on product instead of developing and maintaining EHR integrations," said Piyush Kedia (PK), Chief Product Officer at SwervePay Health.
Siddarth Satish, founder and CEO of Gauss Surgical, acknowledged that "the Redox team's domain expertise and energy allowed us to deliver a complete end-to-end solution to our customers within just a couple of months whereas a go-it-alone approach might have taken us considerably longer."
Breanna Cunningham, CEO of CODE Technology, adds, "Redox is f#@%ing amazing."
"We are focused on accelerating the adoption of great technology in the healthcare space," said Niko Skievaski, co-founder and President of Redox. "A key to making this happen is breaking down the technology barriers so developers can quickly and easily roll-out applications to healthcare systems. The applications created by our customers highlight the power technology can have in improving patient care."
The company is on track to power hundreds of integrations in 2016, building the largest network of interoperable healthcare software solutions. More examples can be found on the Redox Gallery.
Redox is the modern API for healthcare. At our core, we enable best-in-class software to easily and securely interoperate with EHRs. By connecting to Redox once, applications can utilize existing infrastructure to integrate with any health system they choose via our standardized data models. Redox is the leading integration platform with an ecosystem of over 120 enterprise healthcare applications. Learn more and join our network at www.redoxengine.com.
Breg provides remarkably easy products, services, technology and consulting to improve the quality and lower the cost of the orthopedic episode, from conservative treatment to pre- and post-surgery. The second largest U.S. provider of orthopedic bracing, Breg is partner to 6,000 orthopedic surgeons, works with 90% of Integrated Delivery Networks and provides sports medicine and rehabilitation products to one million patients annually. Breg's interconnected programs and total solutions are designed to fit specific customer needs, giving time back to providers and patients alike to focus on what's most important. Breg is a company of Water Street Healthcare Partners, a strategic investor focused exclusively on the healthcare industry. Founded in 1989, Breg is based in Carlsbad, Calif. Visit www.breg.com for more information.
Carevive Systems merges state-of-the art technology with world-class oncology expertise to build clinical workflow and patient engagement tools required to participate in cancer accreditation and value-based reimbursement programs. Our cloud-based technology consumes and analyzes EMR and other clinical data sources with patient-reported health data, to support the care team in planning patients' treatment, managing their symptoms, and supporting their survivorship needs. The aggregate data we collect informs health care stakeholders about what are the real-world experiences of cancer patients to better inform and improve future clinical outcomes. Visit www.carevive.com to learn more.
About CODE Technology
Patient reported outcome data is the final piece to defining Value in healthcare, but collecting PRO data is extremely challenging, disruptive, and expensive to do internally. At CODE Technology, we collect PRO data as a service, quietly while you work. By collecting outcome data entirely outside of clinic, we provide a cost-effective solution to building a private registry and quantifying the value of your practice. Learn more about us www.codetechnology.com.
Gauss Surgical is a medical technology company based in Los Altos, California. Founded in 2011, it develops FDA-grade mobile applications for patient monitoring, with a focus on computer vision and machine learning applications. Gauss's flagship product, Triton, is the world's only real-time monitor for surgical blood loss and has four FDA clearances along with approval for CE Mark. For more information, visit www.gausssurgical.com.
Relaymed is a subscription-based cloud service for point-of-care device connectivity, sending 100% of test results automatically and instantly from devices securely to the EHR. Relaymed optimizes workflow efficiency, enormously improving labor productivity and quality of care, with human error eliminated and results instantly available in the EHR. For more information, visit www.relaymed.com.
SwervePay Health allows medical practices to offer a consumer focused patient experience and improve patient payments at the time of service. Patients are responsible for a majority of the cost with High Deductible plans and expect to be treated as consumers, not just patients. SwervePay Health allows medical practices to easily estimate the full "out of pocket cost" for patients and use convenient payment options to collect the balance due before the visit or at the time of service significantly reducing AR and bad debt while improving overall patient experience. SwervePay has been acquired by SwervePay Health.