ATLANTA, GA--(Marketwire - Mar 18, 2013) - Cloud Sherpas was named Global Partner of the Year 2012: Apps Implementation at the Google Enterprise Global Partner Summit late last month. This is the second year Cloud Sherpas was recognized as Google's top global partner for consistent achievement helping companies use Google's cloud. The Atlanta-based firm has migrated more workers to Google Enterprise products than any other cloud services brokerage (CSB), reflecting record growth experienced by Cloud Sherpas' Google business unit in the past year.
Cloud Sherpas' mission dating back to 2007 was transitioning companies to the public cloud. It was among the first CSBs to help businesses realize they can work the way they live, communicating and collaborating at work with the ease and familiarity of tools people use every day. Over the past six years Cloud Sherpas has migrated thousands of businesses and millions of workers to Google's enterprise products. In 2012 its Google business unit had record sales and added several hundred clients including many large companies. Cloud Sherpas is projecting more of the same. Its Google division led by Douglas Shepard is projected to grow over 70% in 2013.
"We are humbled by the latest Global Partner of the Year recognition and deeply appreciate this acknowledgment from Google, with whom we've enjoyed many victories and customer successes," said Shepard. "The award demonstrates the strength of our partnership and our mutual commitment to ensuring customers get maximum value for their Google investment."
"We are excited to provide this recognition to Cloud Sherpas, a company that has consistently demonstrated sales, deployment and support excellence to our customers throughout 2012," said Mark Hodgson, Head of Global Partner Programs at Google.
The success of Cloud Sherpas' Google unit can be measured in a number of ways:
- The firm now has over 50 certified Google specialists worldwide -- more than any CSB.
- To support clients across markets, Cloud Sherpas is developing and will soon launch vertical industry solutions using Google Apps, Google Vault, Google Maps for Business and App Engine.
- Cloud Sherpas is significantly expanding its team of application developers worldwide to help clients take full advantage of Google Enterprise products.
- Cloud Sherpas is a truly global firm, now servicing Google clients in dozens of countries and on five continents. We recently delivered Google Apps enterprise training to clients in emerging markets including Poland, China, Guatemala and Puerto Rico.
- Cloud Sherpas is working closely with a number of clients on Geospatial initiatives to help them maximize their Google Maps products. This year, Cloud Sherpas is expanding its presence in this market.
- Cloud Sherpas' Google business unit is hiring in all areas including sales, service and development. Headcount for this division is expected to increase 30% in 2013.
"We attribute our success in the Google ecosystem to a focus on quality and client satisfaction," said Shepard. "You can expect to see more of the same from our team in 2013."
About Cloud Sherpas
Cloud Sherpas is the two-time Google Enterprise Partner of the Year for Google Apps, a Platinum salesforce.com partner and the first ServiceNow partner to reach Preferred partner status globally. As one of the world's leading cloud services brokerages we've helped over 5,000 customers adopt, manage and enhance cloud solutions from Google, salesforce.com, ServiceNow and other leading cloud vendors. Whether working with a global retailer to help them make their business more connected and collaborative, helping a financial services firm better manage their customer relationships, or consolidating global IT to a single system of record, Cloud Sherpas has the track record and trust of its partners to help the world's largest organizations leverage the cloud and respond with agility to the rapid consumerization of IT. Cloud Sherpas is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices throughout the United States and operations in Australia, India, Japan, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. For more information visit www.cloudsherpas.com.