ORLANDO, FL--(Marketwire - Oct 22, 2012) - (Gartner Symposium 2012) -- CloudSpokes, the leader in crowdsourced cloud development, today announced a new contest for businesses to crowdsource the development of an application that has the potential to transform a business process. The contest, launched today and open through Oct. 26, is open to business owners or IT groups that haven't allocated resources to create an application that they need.
- Businesses owners and IT groups are encouraged to submit their application needs that can be built with cloud technology to the contest website.
- Contest submissions will be judged by a team of CloudSpokes architects and a winner will be selected based on potential business transformation and impact.
- Submissions should be for an application that can be scoped in two hours with support from a cloud architect and developed within 40 hours of work or less.
- Submissions must be for the development of an application to be used by a business.
- The winning submitter will be awarded with two hours of complimentary consulting services to scope their application requirements and CloudSpokes will sponsor the contest to create the winning application.
- In addition to submitting application needs on the CloudSpokes contest website, companies can visit Appirio booth #216 at Gartner Symposium to make submissions in person.
Comments on the news
"During the past two years, CloudSpokes has helped partners and customers quickly produce innovative and cost effective enterprise applications," said Mike Morris, general manager, CloudSpokes. "CloudSpokes provides an easy way for end-users and vendors to meet business needs they wouldn't otherwise have resources to do, and this contest provides them an opportunity to see what a global community of cloud experts can do for them."
"CloudSpokes lets us scale our cloud development resources on-demand to promptly add new features," said Christina Guerland, Glocap. "The CloudSpokes competition model has allowed us to combine the best features from multiple submissions to produce solutions that often exceed our original goals. CloudSpokes provides access to multiple idea-generators who analyze our business need from a variety of angles and help create a more valuable end product."
CloudSpokes is the leader in crowdsourced cloud development. The crowdsourcing marketplace matches companies who need development work with a worldwide community of more than 50,000 cloud experts. CloudSpokes' developers compete for cash and recognition by participating in contests to create enterprise-class solutions. With proven proficiency using today's leading public cloud platforms and languages, including Amazon Web Services, Cloud Foundry, Force.com, Heroku, HTML5, Ruby and Java, the CloudSpokes' community depth and breadth of expertise and commitment to crowdsourced development is unrivaled. Founded in 2011, CloudSpokes was created and is operated by Appirio.