DUBLIN, IRELAND--(Marketwired - Aug. 20, 2014) - Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6nf624/status_of_the) has announced the addition of the "Global CMOS Image Sensor Industry Report 2014" report to their offering.
At the front-end level, CMOS image sensors are undergoing numerous technological innovations. The race towards smaller pixels (and thus a smaller light-receiving photodiode area) in order to achieve better resolution also leads to pixel performance degradation. This is due to the degradation of two key parameters: SNR (limited by QE and spectral cross-talk) and well capacity. To cope with resolution loss when pixel size is reduced, heavy process and design innovations are necessary to overcome the limitations of conventional pixel performance and move to advanced pixel technology, while maintaining high sensitivity. All of these process improvements can be applied to less-aggressive pixel sizes and therefore contribute to overall performance increase. These evolutions are described in our report.
The current batch of breakthrough CMOS image sensor technologies aim to:
- Diminish thickness (module level)
- Improve image sensor performance (i.e. QE, sensitivity, resolution, reduced cross-talk, higher dynamic range, multispectral imaging, faster processing, higher CRA, lower power consumption)
- Permit new functions (i.e. post/fast focus, photon discrimination, 3D imaging, gesture recognition, increased processing power).
Objectives of the report
- Provide market data on key CIS market metrics & dynamics:
- - CMOS image sensor unit shipments, revenue and wafer production by application.
- - Market share with detailed breakdown for each Player (2011, 2012 and 2013 estimation).
- - Application focus on key CMOS image sensor growth areas (mobile handsets, DSC, DSLR, medical, automotive, security & surveillance, etc.).
- Provide key technical insight into future technology trends and challenges:
- - From a manufacturing standpoint: design and front-end innovations.
- - A special focus is included for BSI technology, which has reshaped the image sensor industry - just as we predicted.
- Provide an in-depth understanding of the CIS value chain, infrastructure and players:
- - Who are the CMOS image sensor players (IDMs, foundries, design houses) and how are they related?
- - More generally, who are the key suppliers to watch and how will the CMOS image sensor industry evolve?
Key features of the report
- Market forecasts in $US, units and wafers through 2018
- Market segmentation for eight different applications
- Supply chain analysis by application
- Competitive landscape analysis with market share and estimated evolution
- Technologies analysis and evolution
- Players market shares (including 2013 estimation)
Key Topics Covered:
1. What we saw, what we missed
2. Changes for the 2013 report
3. Report objectives & scope
4. Executive summary
5. Introduction & background
6. Market forecasts & supply chain
7. Application focus
8. New & future technologies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6nf624/status_of_the