CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Nov. 20, 2012) -
NOT FOR RELEASE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Cobalt Coal Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:CCF) ("Cobalt" or the "Corporation") is pleased to announce that it has finalized the terms of the revised letter of intent ("Amended LOI") with the vendors ("Vendors") of the previously announced acquisition of KMH Energy Corporation (the "Acquisition").
The Amended LOI, finalized on November 19, 2012, revises the original LOI entered into by Cobalt involving the acquisition of metallurgical coal bearing leases in Virginia, USA. Those leases are the subject of the amended NI 43-101 compliant technical report entitled "Resource and Reserve Evaluation Including Pre-Feasibility Study, Steinman/ACIN Leases, Dickenson County, Commonwealth of Virginia, USA" which Cobalt filed on Sedar on November 19, 2012.
The Amended LOI revisions are summarized as follows:
- A further non-refundable deposit of US$300,000 has been made to the Vendors;
- Closing is to occur on or before December 14, 2012. On closing Cobalt is required to pay US$700,000 in cash and to issue the Vendors a US$13,250,000 promissory note with payment terms as follows:
- US$1,000,000 on or before November 30, 2014; and
- US$5,625,000 on or before November 30, 2015; and
- US$6,625,000 on or before November 30, 2016.
- A payment of US$70,000 has been made by Cobalt to the Vendors in order to enable the Vendors to begin mine face improvements in anticipation of production from the permitted Mill Creek tract;
- A payment of US$151,100 has been made by Cobalt to the Vendors for funding a State of Virginia DMME reclamation performance bond in relation to the Mill Creek Tract;
- The time period under which Cobalt must drill the previously contemplated 5 test holes has been extended from October 31, 2012 to July 31, 2013; and
- Cobalt has undertaken to spend a minimum of US$500,000 on mine improvements on the Mill Creek tract on or before July 31, 2013, with a minimum of US$250,000 having been spent before May 31, 2013.
Closing of the Acquisition is subject to regulatory approval, including the approval of TSX Venture Exchange.
Cobalt is a publicly traded coal exploration and production company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with a regional office in Welch, West Virginia, USA. Cobalt was created to capitalize on the growth opportunities that exist in the metallurgical coal mining industry.
Statements in this news release may contain forward-looking information. The reader is cautioned that assumptions used in the preparation of such information may prove to be incorrect. Events or circumstances may cause actual results to differ materially from those predicted, a result of numerous known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors, many of which are beyond the control of the Corporation. These risks include, but are not limited to, the risks associated with the coal mining industry, commodity prices and exchange rate changes. Industry related risks could include, but are not limited to, operational risks in exploration, development and production, delays or changes in plans, risks associated to the uncertainty of reserve estimates, health and safety risks and the uncertainty of estimates and projections of production, costs and expenses. The reader is cautioned not to place undue reliance on this forward-looking information.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Service Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.