BELLEVUE, WA--(Marketwired - Sep 27, 2016) - Coding Dojo, a pioneer in the coding bootcamp space, today announced the results of a recent analysis of its graduates. Among its findings, Coding Dojo uncovered that 34.7 percent of its graduates have no previous coding experience.
"The death of the American middle class has been well publicized but I believe quite the contrary is happening," said Richard Wang, CEO at Coding Dojo. "The middle class is undergoing a massive transformation with coding at the heart of it and I am proud that Coding Dojo has helped so many people, many with no prior coding experience, transform their lives."
56.5 percent of Coding Dojo's graduates earned less than $35,000 prior to attending the bootcamp. They then go on to easily earn over $70,000 in entry-level web developer and computer programing roles. People who changed their career trajectory by quickly getting an IT job after graduating from Coding Dojo include a former telemarketer, retail floor sales associate, casino dealer, car salesman and more.
"When I graduated from Central Washington University in 2012 I was excited and felt ready to find my career," said 2015 Coding Dojo graduate, former car salesman and current software engineer at Expedia, Andrew Sorenson. "But it quickly became clear that while a traditional university helped with vital life and problem-solving skills, it did not give me the necessary vocational training. Coding Dojo filled that void, providing the tangible skills I needed to start a career I was passionate about and enabled me to live comfortably."
In addition to the above findings, Coding Dojo is revealing today that:
- 613 students have graduated from its Silicon Valley campus 14-week onsite bootcamp since its 2013 opening.
- 358 students have graduated from its Seattle campus 14-week onsite bootcamp since its 2014 opening.
- 97 students have graduated from its Los Angeles campus 14-week onsite bootcamp since its late 2015 opening.
- 165 students have graduated from its 20-week online bootcamp.
- 19,400 people have attended its online courses.
- 77 percent of Coding Dojo's 14-week onsite bootcamp graduates get a technology-related job within 90 days of graduation, 89 percent within 120 days and 97 percent within 180 days. They have an average starting salary of $72,221.
- Amazon, Expedia and Microsoft are the top three employers of Coding Dojo graduates.
About Coding Dojo
Coding Dojo is one of the highest rated coding bootcamps in the industry, and the only coding bootcamp in the world to teach three full technology stacks in a single 14-week program. Since 2012, Coding Dojo has helped individuals from a variety of backgrounds and skill levels transform into professional developers who go on to be hired by start-ups and world-class companies like Amazon, Expedia, Microsoft, JPMorgan Chase, DocuSign and Skytap. Coding Dojo has campuses in Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Seattle, Silicon Valley and Washington D.C. The company is one of the fastest growing startups with recognition in rankings like the GeekWire 200. Go to www.codingdojo.com to learn more.